The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sounds like you have a good grip on what's important in life. The thing I try to make my kids understand is that it's not about stuff. Life is not about things, but about relationships. Friendships and family are what makes a happy life, not things. Sure, things can be fun, but at the end of the day, they are just things.
    It has taken me time to realize this, but I've always been about family. There are certain things that have become like family, but nothing actually replaces family and friends. Anytime I get an opportunity to be with family and friends, I take it. No matter what I'm doing. Anything else can wait. Those projects will still be there. Those things aren't going anywhere and if they do, they are replaceable.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It shoots as well as I run it. I missed shooting rifleman with it at an apple seed by 2 rounds and I was having a bad day. Not the rifles fault.Never a miss-feed and runs sub-sonics to CCI

When you guys wander down to the farm I'll hand you the 1727. If I can't shoot the staples out of the target at 50 yards with it, I'm disappointed.

Guessing you were using open sights at the' Seed event. Got my patch with a scoped 10/22. They threatened to give me a pink one.:dunno:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My son, is older than you !!!!!

Yeah. One older and one younger in my world. Rusty sounds pretty level headed for his age. Worries me a little that he's thinking of changing careers. Sounds like he's just now getting enough time in to become good at it and really learn enough to make some $. Get some accounting experience, study a little marketing, and branch out.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yeah, I think I was 30 before my first career change. But, sometimes I do wonder if things would not have been different had I discovered the right path 5 years earlier. When I hit 30 my plan was to spend 15 years getting as good at what I was doing as I could, then spend 10 years at peak earnings practicing it. My following 10 years would be spent managing and mentoring those that were still doing it. The problem is that the industry has changed so much that it's hard to get a good handle on it for any length of time. Still, it's a fun field to work in.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Yeah, I think I was 30 before my first career change. But, sometimes I do wonder if things would not have been different had I discovered the right path 5 years earlier. When I hit 30 my plan was to spend 15 years getting as good at what I was doing as I could, then spend 10 years at peak earnings practicing it. My following 10 years would be spent managing and mentoring those that were still doing it. The problem is that the industry has changed so much that it's hard to get a good handle on it for any length of time. Still, it's a fun field to work in.

Which field is that?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah. One older and one younger in my world. Rusty sounds pretty level headed for his age. Worries me a little that he's thinking of changing careers. Sounds like he's just now getting enough time in to become good at it and really learn enough to make some $. Get some accounting experience, study a little marketing, and branch out.
    Rusty has been blessed with a really good mentor in life and work. Have been doing what I do for about 12 years, 7 professionally. I just need a change of pace. I will continue to do what I do, but will be exploring and experimenting with different things.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Rusty has been blessed with a really good mentor in life and work. Have been doing what I do for about 12 years, 7 professionally. I just need a change of pace. I will continue to do what I do, but will be exploring and experimenting with different things.

Wish I'd been as focused as you've been when I was your age, Rusty.
    I'd be money ahead by now.

Speaking of money, where have y'all found the best prices on TFO's? I need a couple of sets for my 2 spare pre-B's and my Rami's.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

That's what got me the job I'm at now. I had been in the field for 8 years and just didn't want to stay at the service world pace for the next 30 something years. It's worked out beautifully for me so far.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When you guys wander down to the farm I'll hand you the 1727. If I can't shoot the staples out of the target at 50 yards with it, I'm disappointed.

Guessing you were using open sights at the' Seed event. Got my patch with a scoped 10/22. They threatened to give me a pink one.:dunno:

At the time I did the seed I was having some issues and I was not a stable shooting platform. I was an un-diagnosed diabetic. Blood pressure and vision. I was scoped up and The rifle carried me that day. I have since got a handle on all of that crap.
    I realize my rifle is nowhere near the high level Anshutz platforms but It did not cost me as much either. Truth is I bought it for when the 10 year old G-daughter steps up from her pellet rifle/22 Cricket and wants a semi-auto.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what got me the job I'm at now. I had been in the field for 8 years and just didn't want to stay at the service world pace for the next 30 something years. It's worked out beautifully for me so far.

Rolling a service truck is not all peaches and cream but the wide variety of skill sets that come from it are what allows us to branch out.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    :coffee:

Wish I'd been as focused as you've been when I was your age, Rusty.
    I'd be money ahead by now.

Speaking of money, where have y'all found the best prices on TFO's? I need a couple of sets for my 2 spare pre-B's and my Rami's.

Same here. After the Army I screwed around for longer than I should have and ended up not getting my degree until I was 29. Wish I'd cracked down better when I was younger, but it is what it is now. At least I'm in a pretty good place at this time.

Best I've seen for TFO's is Amazon.

I had the Wizard put one of those on my SAO compact and I really like it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Good morning friends. How is everyone doing?
    Hoping for better weather in the next few weeks, after all Spring is next Monday.

Sounds like you have a good grip on what's important in life. The thing I try to make my kids understand is that it's not about stuff. Life is not about things, but about relationships. Friendships and family are what makes a happy life, not things. Sure, things can be fun, but at the end of the day, they are just things.
    This is one of the best statements I think I've read in a long time. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Which field is that?

I started as an aircraft mechanic with a specialty in sheetmetal. I made a slow transition up through aircraft inspector, into engineering and then into IT. I've been in IT for close to 26 years now and just last summer moved from the software engineering world to info security. I'll probably stay in InfoSec until retirement when I plan to get a job at a LGS in the area to keep my busy. That's my life in a nutshell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom