The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey, I know that we're not supposed to talk G***ks here, but while surfing GB for the fabled cheap CZ slides, I ran across a complete NIB 10mm slide assy for $360. I am thinking that instead of spending the $130 on a conversion barrel for a G21, this might make more sense in that I'd have a complete G20/21 to shoot in whatever way I wanted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ah, another fun evening on INGO in progress. He CM, did you see that engraved 1911 over on 1911Addicts.com? Most of the folks are making fun of it since it's a little on the fancy side, but if you take a good look at the engraving, it's quite the work of art. I would bet that there's hundreds of hours spent doing full relief engraving on that. Sure, it might be a bit on the fancy side, but if you take a real close look at the engraving, it's beautiful. Talk about craftsmanship...

95810_dd810e675b75e360865a0c38fe97685b.jpg

It's just too bad that it's not in .40

Yeah I did not make fun of it but Ugh.
    Yes, it is well done.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll admit that the gold kind of loses me, but the engraving is really beautiful. Throw a better set of grips on it and get rid of the gold plate and that would be a beautiful heirloom gun. Now, at almost 6 grand, it would never even have a chance of happening, but I do admire the workmanship that goes into the engraving.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was toying with getting that G***k slide for my G21 until I ran the numbers. A NIB G20sf runs $518 and comes with two mags. That slide would have been $376 plus $10 for shipping. Add two mags at about $30 each, and I'd have $446 into it, or in other words, I'd be just $72 short of just getting the second gun. Now, I know myself enough to know that if I picked up that slide, and then saw a complete frame for $120, I'd jump on it. At that point, I'd be well over what I could have just bought a second pistol for anyway. And, since the G20sf's are not in short supply, there's no need to jump on something without thinking it through. Time is not of the essence here.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Howdy DOGG. Gonna be a rough day, didint get to sleep till late because of the nap I took... Luckily I'm prettt much on vacation right now. Bossman is off for two weeks.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    :wavey:

Still considering letting the RAMI go. Love the gun, don't think I have a use for it anymore and I have some other projects I'd really like to get done.
    I've been thinking the same thing about my RAMI. Mine's been with me for quite a while but it just doesn't see much use.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    You guys are killing me! A month ago you would have had an instant buyer. I finally gave in and paid more than I should have to get one. Even with it being a soft market right now, im sure somebody will want to scoop up a RAMI or two.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wish I had the ability to let a gun go that easy. Once the magic is gone, it should be easier to let it go than it is for me. I've gotten better, but there are still some guns that I'd really have trouble parting with even though they've been in the safe for a while. Then again, I suffer from multiple-gun-personality disorder. No matter what platform I've settled on, fairly quickly, I'm looking at something different. I do have it down to 3 platforms and it seems to be holding at that level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom