The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    WHY do they put those front serrations on the p07 and p09? USELESS!!! I think they would look better minus those. Other than that,, the p09 is SOLID

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    There isn't much room to maneuver on those slides. The Wizard was telling me yesterday that it is very thin at the front sight.

Just a note. The amount of material at the front sight is .020 between the barrel bushing and the surface the front sight slides onto. Both being secured by a the front sight pin. It does not leave much room to mill a slot for an aftermarket sight.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just a note. The amount of material at the front sight is .020 between the barrel bushing and the surface the front sight slides onto. Both being secured by a the front sight pin. It does not leave much room to mill a slot for an aftermarket sight.

That leaves no room.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Could a post style 1911 front sight be modified to fit

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Could a post style 1911 front sight be modified to fit

I would think it possible if the post would fit into the sight pin channel of the bushing. Or maybe drill through the bushing and stake it 1911 style and smooth it out. You might also have to narrow the front sight base so it does not hang over the sight rib

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I would think it possible if the post would fit into the sight pin channel of the bushing. Or maybe drill through the bushing and stake it 1911 style and smooth it out. You might also have to narrow the front sight base so it does not hang over the sight rib
    We will get the mouses eyes on my Rat Rod this Saturday. Call it the experimental model A.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    WHY do they put those front serrations on the p07 and p09? USELESS!!! I think they would look better minus those. Other than that,, the p09 is SOLID
    Why do G****'s have finger groves? Why do Sig 1911ish guns have an external extractor? Why do 1911s come in any other caliber than 45? Why is the sky blue? Why can't Rusty hang onto a railed handgun? These are all questions nobody has answers to. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom