The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There is no free lunch. Just ain't none.

Sitting in the Ingo booth yesterday we had a slow afternoon so I put pen to paper for 2 of the project costs on current pieces I have done and still own.
    Holy crap. No wonder I will not sell these. Besides I love them and they run as well as guns in much higher price ranges.
    It's really hard to put a price on something you envisioned and then put yourself into to get it to where you saw it could be. There is a guy who hangs out in the local LGS who saw the Ghost when I got it and then saw it and tried the trigger when it was done. He was bound and determined that he was going to talk me out of it. In his mind it was still the $350 gun I had picked up. I told him what I had in it and you would have thought that I slapped him across the face or something.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's really hard to put a price on something you envisioned and then put yourself into to get it to where you saw it could be. There is a guy who hangs out in the local LGS who saw the Ghost when I got it and then saw it and tried the trigger when it was done. He was bound and determined that he was going to talk me out of it. In his mind it was still the $350 gun I had picked up. I told him what I had in it and you would have thought that I slapped him across the face or something.

People just do not see the intricacies in all of this.
    The Olds engine I have on the stand is the same thing. Young man wanted more power. When he saw my list and costs he had the very same look......He said "I thought you could just do some tricks in the engine".............Yeah, a back flip and hand springs out the door.

I had 2 1911's on the table on Friday and they drew some attention. Many asked if they were for sale. Everything is. All but 2 (who knew what was up) got the shocked look.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    People just do not see the intricacies in all of this.
    The Olds engine I have on the stand is the same thing. Young man wanted more power. When he saw my list and costs he had the very same look......He said "I thought you could just do some tricks in the engine".............Yeah, a back flip and hand springs out the door.

I had 2 1911's on the table on Friday and they drew some attention. Many asked if they were for sale. Everything is. All but 2 (who knew what was up) got the shocked look.

Yeah, just do some tricks. The guy at the LGS still thinks I'm trying to cheat him. He said "not everyone can afford that kind of money for a gun". So, don't buy one. Maybe he is a closet liberal.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, just do some tricks. The guy at the LGS still thinks I'm trying to cheat him. He said "not everyone can afford that kind of money for a gun". So, don't buy one. Maybe he is a closet liberal.

A lot of gun people are. A lot of INGOers think that way, for that matter.

Sounds like your buddy doesn't need to be looking at nice pistols. I didn't bat an eye when the guy told me $3,200 for his Ed Brown Saturday. Because I at least know what I'm looking at. I also told him he had to throw in a place to live in the deal, as I would no longer be welcome at my current residence.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Sounds like your buddy doesn't need to be looking at nice pistols. I didn't bat an eye when the guy told me $3,200 for his Ed Brown Saturday. Because I at least know what I'm looking at. I also told him he had to throw in a place to live in the deal, as I would no longer be welcome at my current residence.

:):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Yeah, I can't afford something that nice. But, I don't think I should have it anyway.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Wizard, BA, or 88

Any new developments on the CGW disconnector?

I got better results in my 40P than in the other guns and I think the DA is down around 6# in that one. It has been apart since November, so I didn't get a pre-disconnector reading off of it though.

I had a 9mm 1911 once. It was a Citadel. The trigger was good. It felt weird shooting it.

I'm liking mine so far. It's really loose though but it shoots well. One of these days it will get upgraded internally but for a plinker, it's not bad right now.

The voices are talking again. :runaway:
    Change the subject with them Rusty. Talk shoes and they'll go away.

I never did make it to the 1500 this weekend. Too many things on my plate and time didn't free up until about 3:30pm yesterday. I did manage to do a late evening drive in the Spider though. That thing comes close to GPT for de-stressing. I really do need to get started on my winter maintenance chores on the '69. Winter is officially over and I still have not changed the timing belt or anything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I got better results in my 40P than in the other guns and I think the DA is down around 6# in that one. It has been apart since November, so I didn't get a pre-disconnector reading off of it though.

I'm liking mine so far. It's really loose though but it shoots well. One of these days it will get upgraded internally but for a plinker, it's not bad right now.

Change the subject with them Rusty. Talk shoes and they'll go away.

I never did make it to the 1500 this weekend. Too many things on my plate and time didn't free up until about 3:30pm yesterday. I did manage to do a late evening drive in the Spider though. That thing comes close to GPT for de-stressing. I really do need to get started on my winter maintenance chores on the '69. Winter is officially over and I still have not changed the timing belt or anything.

Nothing is quit like a cruise in your 4 wheel toy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

There ARE a lot of closet liberals out there. Lots of people talk like conservatives, then they talk about how they are entitled to something or another. The only things we are entitled to are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And, there's a lot of happiness in a tuned CZ that makes them worth pursuing. But, nobody seems interested in the pursuit. They just want the happiness part.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There is SOOOO much more enjoyment in creating something vs buying something. Sure, it's not always an option, but if it is, building something to your own spec will truly make it yours. That's probably why G***ks bite CM. They know that if they go home with him, he'll take a bandsaw and belt sander to them to make them interesting.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There ARE a lot of closet liberals out there. Lots of people talk like conservatives, then they talk about how they are entitled to something or another. The only things we are entitled to are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And, there's a lot of happiness in a tuned CZ that makes them worth pursuing. But, nobody seems interested in the pursuit. They just want the happiness part.

I don't think I would appreciate one nearly as much if I bought it already refinished and tuned.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd love to shoot one of those someday. I got to paw a TS Orange a month or so back and thought it really nice. Not over the top nice, but after having shot some of BA's guns, it's hard to be really impressed with some others.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Morning folks. Chili cookoff at work today. Hopefully I can finally bring home a victory.
    3 things NEEDED for a winning chili,, Bakers chocolate, 1 bottle of DARK BEER, and about 1.5 cup of instant coffee. WINNNER WINNER chicken dinner!!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I've not been to vocal about upgrades to firearms as I'm a believer in WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY. I just have a really hard time spending ALOT of cash on upgrades that cost as much as a new gun. Now mind you, if I was to feel and shoot one of these beefed up handguns that some of you guys work on or have work done to them I may change my tune but its just really hard for me to spend 4-500 in upgrades. BTW I picked up a NICE SA TRP over the weekend at a GREAT price.
    Do any of you guys (CZ crowd) ever shoot FNS or bowling pins at MCFG?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom