The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got the chance to go to the range today. Had a good time shooting the SP-01 along with the Rami trying out my new holster. I believe both are more accurate than I am. I may need to take a few courses to get my form and technique down. Or at least more range time. Nice mild evening and had a blast.
    View attachment 54072

Stay behind the guns. Run them. What are you experiencing as to groups/issues.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I know I anticipate the shot too much so I am probably flinching. The SP-01 groups were much better. They were fairly decent around the bullseye. DA shots are horrible. I was a little further than 10 yards and the all shots were within about 15" radius. My first magazine was my best (target below) and got worse from there. Sorry photo is on it's side.
    20170319_164719.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know I anticipate the shot too much so I am probably flinching. The SP-01 groups were much better. They were fairly decent around the bullseye. DA shots are horrible. I was a little further than 10 yards and the all shots were within about 15" radius. My first magazine was my best (target below) and got worse from there. Sorry photo is on it's side.
    View attachment 54074

So you are out past 30 ft. and grouping like that with a box stock CZ...???
    Really not that bad. Trigger discipline.

The DA is rough on the unmodified ones.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I made a toybox for the now 10 year olds 3rd Christmas. It was nice but this is really nice. You are killing me smalls.....killing me...:cool:

Is that glued

Thanks CM. It is glued and screwed. Some of the screws were able to be hidden. I know the glue is strong enough on it's own but for some reason I just can't get over the old habit of a mechanical fastener. I made it out of pine. Kinda wish I would have done oak but it would have been crazy expensive for what it is.

My woodworking skills have come a long way in the last couple of years. I'd like to get a bit better and be able to make some actual nice stuff. I think my next project might be some grips for the new RAMI.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    So you are out past 30 ft. and grouping like that with a box stock CZ...???
    Really not that bad. Trigger discipline.

The DA is rough on the unmodified ones.

That grouping was my best and they declined from there. I know I don't shoot enough to be proficient so that is the first thing I need to work on. Thanks for the kind words.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That grouping was my best and they declined from there. I know I don't shoot enough to be proficient so that is the first thing I need to work on. Thanks for the kind words.

Grip/trigger discipline looks like what you need to work on.
    Not seen you at the line so just a guess.
    Solid stance is another area we all need to concentrate on.
    There is a great Video on stance back a page or so. Post #2151 and well worth the watch.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Picking up two projects after work today. One is for me and one is SOR (don't ask).
    For those considering getting into a project gun allow me to throw some cold water on that thought.
    The project for me, a pre-B, will have roughly $370 in it at the start including shipping and transfer.
    SOR is a 75B that was a bit pricier and will have about $440 in it at transfer.
    The preebie, upon completion, is estimated to cost about $1270.
    SOR will come in about $1150.
    This will probably take me a good part of the summer to bring these to completion but I expect both to well worth the effort.
    But, the prices should give you pause if you're looking to get into one of these. I've had a lot of people talk about getting into a surplus CZ thinking this will be on the cheap. It can be if you do nothing to it. But, if you want to do all of the upgrades there is nothing cheap about it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picking up two projects after work today. One is for me and one is SOR (don't ask).
    For those considering getting into a project gun allow me to throw some cold water on that thought.
    The project for me, a pre-B, will have roughly $370 in it at the start including shipping and transfer.
    SOR is a 75B that was a bit pricier and will have about $440 in it at transfer.
    The preebie, upon completion, is estimated to cost about $1270.
    SOR will come in about $1150.
    This will probably take me a good part of the summer to bring these to completion but I expect both to well worth the effort.
    But, the prices should give you pause if you're looking to get into one of these. I've had a lot of people talk about getting into a surplus CZ thinking this will be on the cheap. It can be if you do nothing to it. But, if you want to do all of the upgrades there is nothing cheap about it.

There is no free lunch. Just ain't none.

Sitting in the Ingo booth yesterday we had a slow afternoon so I put pen to paper for 2 of the project costs on current pieces I have done and still own.
    Holy crap. No wonder I will not sell these. Besides I love them and they run as well as guns in much higher price ranges.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom