Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Evening Gents! I've been trying to restock my 9mm supply a bit tonight to get ready for my birthday. My favorite thing to do is to spend the day at the range and shoot with no regard to ammo supply. I figure that 500 rounds of 9mm will get me started but will need to stock up on the .40 and .45 too.

Yep, these darn things sure do like to eat! :laugh:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    The Mouse and I have been planning the tribute gun to commemorate my mom. I ordered a Springfield RO in 9mm from Bradis for the base gun. More info will follow as the project progresses. This will be one heck of a shooter after CM works his magic and AllenM does the re-color. I have to say that CM is my Brother from another Mother. Henri and I are surely blessed to have such a caring friends.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Things are going OK. It will be 1 week tomorrow. Like I told CM earlier today, I got mom back home, her ashes are here. We plan on taking some of her ashes and mixing them with my step-dads and both of my deceased sisters ashes and spreading them down in Tennessee where we used to live south of Knoxville around Watts Bar Lake. This will take place on Memorial Day weekend. Now its just me and one other sister.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That sounds so nice. We really wanted to do something similar with my grandmothers ashes, but her Catholic Church informed us it was not allowed... We wanted to spread some in her favorite place on earth, Aruba.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm not versed in the ways. Statement issued by the Vatican last October states no spreading, no seperatating and no keeping the ashes at home... I think it's pretty ridiculous, but it's not my call to make. Family decision. That said, Gma has been on quite the vacation since she left us. Been staying with all the different family members. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not versed in the ways. Statement issued by the Vatican last October states no spreading, no seperatating and no keeping the ashes at home... I think it's pretty ridiculous, but it's not my call to make. Family decision. That said, Gma has been on quite the vacation since she left us. Been staying with all the different family members. :)

There you go.

My son resides on the mantle in the family room.
    He used to ride in the Race car.
    He is my son.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Catholicism holds on to traditions much more tightly than the other denominations of Christianity. I guess it makes sense since they have been around so much longer. Most other denominations of Christianity that I know of are ok with cremation so long as the intent is not to somehow prohibit the resurrection of the body.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    There you go.

My son resides on the mantle in the family room.
    He used to ride in the Race car.
    He is my son.
    I've always thought it funny about the mantle thing. In fact in lighter moments when Gma was still with us, we used to joke about putting her up there like some decoration or something. :)

It gave me great comfort when she was on back on our mantle for the holidays. Miss that woman, was always in good spirits. I'll never forget when she called herself an Ol' hag. :):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Catholicism holds on to traditions much more tightly than the other denominations of Christianity. I guess it makes sense since they have been around so much longer. Most other denominations of Christianity that I know of are ok with cremation so long as the intent is not to somehow prohibit the resurrection of the body.
    I'm not a religious person, never have been. That's just how I was raised. I have however always respected the different religions practices and beliefs. I am very fascinated by all of it, the history and the architecture is really interesting. Fort Wayne is known as the City of Churches, there are some spectacular ones here and it's always been a dream of mine to visit all of them and see if I could get some history and a tour.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom