• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That sure is sweet. Proof that it's always cheaper to buy one done than to pay to have it done. Y'all know exactly what kinda coin and man hours it takes to put one together like that.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    Cajun Gun Works is about to release a new and improved disconnector that is supposed to drop a full pound of the DA. I have a couple of guns whose DA pull is just a few ounces over 5lbs. I have to say I can't even imagine a DA pull of 4+ lbs. That would be insane. Let's see...$40 a pop times xxx = Aw crap.

Looks like they have them up now...unless I'm an idiot, which is quite possible.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Lots of activity here this morning.

I just got back from a quick range trip to test recoil springs on the SP01C. Wolff recommends starting with the highest rated spring and working down until the gun runs as you want which is how I started. I put the 22# spring in and the gun ran perfectly. Brass is still going about 20' but that's reasonable for a .40. That gun could quickly become a favorite of mine. I only put 60 rounds through it but it ran exactly as I was hoping it would when I bought it. It even ran the ProMag 12 round flat bottom mags well. Lockback was perfect on all mags and the heavy pistol makes quick double taps easy with the .40.

I really do need to remember that when I buy a used pistol from an unknown source, I MUST refresh the springs to save frustration and ammo. I'm now north of 400 rounds through this gun and had I started with a fresh set of springs, I think the gun would be getting carried right now. I think this is especially true with .40s.

What a nice day today :):

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Here is a glimpse of the Redhead.

IMG_0123_zpsnpshon4j.jpg

If you have said, I must have missed it, what is the red in the pistol?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Lots of activity here this morning.

I just got back from a quick range trip to test recoil springs on the SP01C. Wolff recommends starting with the highest rated spring and working down until the gun runs as you want which is how I started. I put the 22# spring in and the gun ran perfectly. Brass is still going about 20' but that's reasonable for a .40. That gun could quickly become a favorite of mine. I only put 60 rounds through it but it ran exactly as I was hoping it would when I bought it. It even ran the ProMag 12 round flat bottom mags well. Lockback was perfect on all mags and the heavy pistol makes quick double taps easy with the .40.

I really do need to remember that when I buy a used pistol from an unknown source, I MUST refresh the springs to save frustration and ammo. I'm now north of 400 rounds through this gun and had I started with a fresh set of springs, I think the gun would be getting carried right now. I think this is especially true with .40s.

What a nice day today :):

That's great news. I have heard on several occasions that the Promags for the .40 compacts seem to run without issues. That's a big departure from their usual track record.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Redhead is going to be beautiful when finished. What color controls are you going with? Anything special planned for the grips?

The controls are the same pattern, black with some red showing through. As usual I will be going with Hogue wraparounds. Shootability comes before looks. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom