• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Do you ever go into a gun store and almost immediately ask yourself why you even went there? I've been to this particular store 3 or 4 times and walked away disappointed every time. I guess I go just long enough to forget why I don't like it and when I go in it all comes back to me. This store is t doing anything wrong necessarily, they just don't ever have what I'm looking for. They have maybe 50 or so guns, mostly G***k and M&P and the type. They had 2-3 kinds of 9mm ammo and 2-3 kinds of .223 ammo. Decent amount of accessories though, maybe that's where the money is. Like I said they aren't doing anything wrong really and they must sell enough because they stay in business, just never have what I want.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Fem8kja.png

Soon...

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=41133 still in stock for $570 w/ free shipping. I ordered on Monday night, shipped Tuesday morning and I'll put some rounds down range Thursday night.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Dang, that's a good price for an SP01. I need to stop looking at their website and fast.

On a less obsessive note, I did get a new set of grips for the SP01C/40 today. I got the recoil calibration pack yesterday, so it's all ready for a range trip to see what springs I need to run in it. For the grips, I decided to try the Cool Hand grips in the snake texture. I'm liking how they feel and like the look.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Dang, that's a good price for an SP01. I need to stop looking at their website and fast.

On a less obsessive note, I did get a new set of grips for the SP01C/40 today. I got the recoil calibration pack yesterday, so it's all ready for a range trip to see what springs I need to run in it. For the grips, I decided to try the Cool Hand grips in the snake texture. I'm liking how they feel and like the look.

Very nice looking Tim! :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks. They run about $20 cheaper than VZs, but seem to be identical in quality. I should pick up a pair for the 40P once I get it back together. The things been sitting completely disassembled since December. All parts are on hand, but I'm holding off putting it back together until I can blast the frame and the garage is still in winter mode.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Thanks. They run about $20 cheaper than VZs, but seem to be identical in quality. I should pick up a pair for the 40P once I get it back together. The things been sitting completely disassembled since December. All parts are on hand, but I'm holding off putting it back together until I can blast the frame and the garage is still in winter mode.

Never heard of them and went to check them out. Look good. If you order on Amazon today (anything over $50, not just the grips) you also get $8.62 off of your order!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you ever go into a gun store and almost immediately ask yourself why you even went there? I've been to this particular store 3 or 4 times and walked away disappointed every time. I guess I go just long enough to forget why I don't like it and when I go in it all comes back to me. This store is t doing anything wrong necessarily, they just don't ever have what I'm looking for. They have maybe 50 or so guns, mostly G***k and M&P and the type. They had 2-3 kinds of 9mm ammo and 2-3 kinds of .223 ammo. Decent amount of accessories though, maybe that's where the money is. Like I said they aren't doing anything wrong really and they must sell enough because they stay in business, just never have what I want.

Yup. There were a few LGS like this for me.
    I no longer go to these shops.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Well, I just bought a SP-01. Will be at my LGS tomorrow. KentuckyGunCo had some in stock and on sale on their site for a day so I decided to drink the kool-aid and join the cult.

Congrats. If I wasn't looking at a different purchase these would be at the top of the list.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Redacted for ugly thooghts about Jim Jones.

Sorry you had that to deal with, Chris.

It's had to believe that next year it will be the 40 year anniversary. Man I'm getting old. Most people don't know that most of the people that worked in the mortuary were volunteers. Also Jim Jones was cremated in the same crematory as Albert Einstein.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom