88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Congrats on rolling 100K CM. :rockwoot: I guess you can consider yourself fully broken in on INGO now.

I really need to get a better trigger pull guage. Mine is the older spring type and it's typically a guess to within about 4 ounces of the actual pull. BA, I agree completely about the DA pull being the toughest to perfect and the most telling of the work done to a gun. A good, smooth DA pull is really a challenge to achieve in CZs due to the tiny surfaces that need to be polished. Not to mention the number of surfaces that are in play on a DA pull. By comparison, the work needed on a 1911 is wonderfully simple compared to what you need to do to the sear cage and trigger bar on a CZ.

I've often wondered why we don't have a 1911 sickness thread, but am thinking that the Czickness thread exists in its form for two reasons. First, there's a shared appreciation of a platform that was not very commonly used just a couple of years ago. Second, I think there has been a lot of positive energy in this thread that has built a whole lot of good friendships. I think that the first reason is part of why the second reason happened, which is why I don't think the Sig-ness thread has taken off in the same way. Maybe it will someday. Oh, there's the third reason that the Czickness thread has run through tens of thousands of posts: The things are addictive.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So, we have a plan. I ordered a bushing for the Phantom. After #2 is completed the Phantom and the blue 85 will be going in. The Phantom will get TFX sights and a bushing and the 85 just a bushing. Then, after those, I will need to buy five more 10x bushings. That will complete the Ghost, the Redhead, the Green Machine, TNT and #6. All of those already have the upgraded sights so that will give me 10 guns that are complete. That will probably take a while and I should know more about the BD, Massada and Oops gun.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Here's something sad for you.... I like what I do and I actually care, but I'm getting burnt out doing what I do because 75% of the time I am fixing the work of other people who don't care. It's turning me off from doing the work because I am just fed up wth it.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Here's something sad for you.... I like what I do and I actually care, but I'm getting burnt out doing what I do because 75% of the time I am fixing the work of other people who don't care. It's turning me off from doing the work because I am just fed up wth it.

That sounds exceptionally frustrating.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Think about this for a second.
    If everyone did there job properly we would not have much to do.
    Most of what I do is cleaning up crap from other non-caring no skills douche nozzles.
    In this I have found that they keep me busy. I hate-em as I have to explain a lot of idiocy away but I sure like the hours.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Think about this for a second.
    If everyone did there job properly we would not have much to do.
    Most of what I do is cleaning up crap from other non-caring no skills douche nozzles.
    In this I have found that they keep me busy. I hate-em as I have to explain a lot of idiocy away but I sure like the hours.
    Oh I get that part of it. If it weren't for them, I would not have a job... It's just frustrating. I think it's just that time of the month for me...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom