• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I would say make me an offer but like me you has no money's.
    I spent another $600 in the back yard today on carpet. Sounds crazy but when you see it you will understand. I am about $200 away from done back there.

Now the spouse springs this on me......"WE have a wedding to attend in Branson Florida this June".

I showed your springer ad to my bil earlier, he's in the market and is salivating over several in the classifieds. :) that thing looks top notch! I snagged a 5" Ria government model earlier today to play with alongside my colt. Heck with CZ Fever I have the 1911 fever lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I showed your springer ad to my bil earlier, he's in the market and is salivating over several in the classifieds. :) that thing looks top notch! I snagged a 5" Ria government model earlier today to play with alongside my colt. Heck with CZ Fever I have the 1911 fever lol

It is a really nice piece.
    If I did not have a stainless TRP that is just as nice I would keep it. The loaded shoots right with the TRP. Of course the TRP has gotten some love as well.

Yeah I am spread thin between the 2 but I am and always will be a dyed in the wool 1911 guy.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Interesting quirk with my CZ-75b Omega I learned

If you load an full magazine into the gun on slide lock and before hitting the slide release if you hit the bottom of the magazine to seat it firmly it will jar the slide release and chamber the first round

Mind you this is a new gun that I bought this January that was manufactured in september of 2016 and that I am just below 1000 rounds with so it is not an issue of worn out springs

And mind you I have induced this issue with a loaded mag reliably about half a dozen times and I put about 250 rounds through the gun today, 150 of Tulammo and 100 freedom munitions 115grn reloads so is this a malfunction of the gun or has anyone else with a CZ experienced this?

Personally because the gun is running fine I am almost inclined to view this as an advantage because in USPSA production I can just firmly seat a round and have a gun that is hot and ready to go

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I tend to judge a CZ's trigger by the DA. It's pretty common to get a nice clean and crisp SA break. Getting a smooth as butter DA break is a bit more difficult and usually takes a lot of rounds either before or after modifications. For SA triggers it's all about the takeup and there isn't much you can do about that. The Wizard's 97 has no takeup. His Shadow doesn't either. When your finger enters the trigger guard on either one you had better be ready to rock. ;)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

If you load an full magazine into the gun on slide lock and before hitting the slide release if you hit the bottom of the magazine to seat it firmly it will jar the slide release and chamber the first round

Mind you this is a new gun that I bought this January that was manufactured in september of 2016 and that I am just below 1000 rounds with so it is not an issue of worn out springs

And mind you I have induced this issue with a loaded mag reliably about half a dozen times and I put about 250 rounds through the gun today, 150 of Tulammo and 100 freedom munitions 115grn reloads so is this a malfunction of the gun or has anyone else with a CZ experienced this?

Personally because the gun is running fine I am almost inclined to view this as an advantage because in USPSA production I can just firmly seat a round and have a gun that is hot and ready to go
    Common. Not just with CZs either. I wouldn't reliably count on it happening.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning all.
    Waiting for a few packages to arrive this week, which is like watching water boil. I have a few projects going on right now and looking forward to completing them. I am in serious need of a break after these are done. I bought Momma a few shiny things yesterday at the jewelry store.....

This is not specific to the CZ platform. Smack a mag into the magwell hard enough in many handguns and this will happen. I don't practice this or count on it happening though from a training stand point.

The "best" trigger isn't always the lightest.

For SAO I can't imagine a better trigger than the Wizard's 97.

I tend to judge a CZ's trigger by the DA. It's pretty common to get a nice clean and crisp SA break. Getting a smooth as butter DA break is a bit more difficult and usually takes a lot of rounds either before or after modifications. For SA triggers it's all about the takeup and there isn't much you can do about that. The Wizard's 97 has no takeup. His Shadow doesn't either. When your finger enters the trigger guard on either one you had better be ready to rock. ;)
    My results from last night using the trigger gauge surprised me. The handgun that I deem as having the "best" trigger did not have the best numbers. When I have time tonight I will post up some numbers.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a little money coming in from a transaction today. Since it looks like my surgery isn't going to happen until a few months from now I have plenty of time to save up. I may take a little of that money and continue down the upgrade road. The Wizard finished the first one yesterday so I brought him another today. The next victim is my 75B which has been in the family for quite awhile. It is known around here as #2 as it is the second CZ that the Wizard ever worked on. I look forward to her being "complete" and seeing what numbers she puts up relative to the ones from the Beast.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I mainly see the numbers as a way of seeing the before and after an upgrade. While numerically the Rat Rod is my best CZ, I feel my RAMI trigger is better as that's the one I have the most trigger time on. I ordered some parts last night, fresh springs for the Remington Rand and some Wilson Combat springs for the GP100. I'm interested to see how sweet I can make that wheelgun. It's already got a really sweet DA.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I found that all of my CZ's will do this with an aggressive mag change. Scared the crap out of me the 1st time it happened.
    I do not like that at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom