Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Dang, sorry to hear that you're sick CM. I think that the temp fluctuations is messing with a lot of people this year.

While going for a walk at lunch today, I was thinking about my small collection and I think I realized what the role of the Glocks are in my little family. I think that they serve the same purpose as the control rods in a nuclear reactor. In the past, when my gun habit started getting out of hand, I'd find myself carrying a G23, G27 or even a G19 for a couple of weeks. It did the trick every time and I'd calm down and my priorities would settle down to some semblance of sense. Having a plain old block of plastic and steel on the hip really took the passion out of every day carry. In that sense, I really screwed the pooch last summer when I started to buy P07s and P09s. Now, when the hobby starts to overheat and I switch to a poly gun, instead of calming the fever, it makes it even hotter. It's like the operator in the control room notices the temps rising and instead of inserting the control rods to cool things down, ole Timmy boy jams another couple of fuel rods in the pool, making things even hotter. I need to be careful or I'll over do it and the wife will be having the melt down and I'll end up 6' closer to China vertically.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom