• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Rusty doing dryfire practice at home.....

best-cross-dressing-characters-in-film-willem-dafoe-1
    :lmfao::lmfao:Rusty is one ugly girl!hahahahahahahahaha

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Keep an eye on this one. Same vintage as Scratch. It is a "Czech Made" gun which means it was produced between the fall of Czechoslovakia and the start of the Czech Republic. You will only find those in the '93 year.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615618988

So the internals are just like all other 75B models. I had my heart set on a transitional model but you are right that supplied are drying up. I will contact the seller because I want to see some bore photos.

Good morning all.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So the internals are just like all other 75B models. I had my heart set on a transitional model but you are right that supplied are drying up. I will contact the seller because I want to see some bore photos.

Good morning all.
    The only issue you might run into is that you might have to do a bit of filing to get newer mags to fit well. Those older guns usually take 18 and 16 round mags okay but don't like the 19s. At least that has been my experience. A little filing and she should take them all.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The only issue you might run into is that you might have to do a bit of filing to get newer mags to fit well. Those older guns usually take 18 and 16 round mags okay but don't like the 19s. At least that has been my experience. A little filing and she should take them all.
    Just don't do what Rusty did......

Howdy folks. Man I'm tired this morning....

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning Rusty...
    You'll notice I said file, not dremel.
    We live and we learn.
    Well had mine been one of the newer models, it would have only taken a file. Or rather should I say, had I just bought factory new CZ mags I wouldn't have had to touch it. CZ is apparently not using Mec-Gar anymore or they've changed their design. What can I say, I'm a dumbass... Thankfully there isn't anyone out there collecting CZs. :n00b:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well had mine been one of the newer models, it would have only taken a file. Or rather should I say, had I just bought factory new CZ mags I wouldn't have had to touch it. CZ is apparently not using Mec-Gar anymore or they've changed their design. What can I say, I'm a dumbass... Thankfully there isn't anyone out there collecting CZs. :n00b:
    I wasn't aware they had changed suppliers and design. I will have to look into this.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wasn't aware they had changed suppliers and design. I will have to look into this.
    We tried DOGGs factory mags from his SP01 and they fit and functioned fine. They are noticeably smaller than the standard Mec-Gar. I knew this going into the project, but wanted to make sure I could use any mag. Having read that only a file was needed, I proceeded and quickly realized that in my case it was going to take more work. Being stubborn, I wasn't gonna stop.... Like I said, I should have just bought new CZ mags and been done with it, but dumbass took over.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We tried DOGGs factory mags from his SP01 and they fit and functioned fine. They are noticeably smaller than the standard Mec-Gar. I knew this going into the project, but wanted to make sure I could use any mag. Having read that only a file was needed, I proceeded and quickly realized that in my case it was going to take more work. Being stubborn, I wasn't gonna stop.... Like I said, I should have just bought new CZ mags and been done with it, but dumbass took over.
    We all have dumbass moments. You certainly aren't unique in that. Impatience rarely pays off.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    On the plus side, I now have a bubba'd up CZ A model that is a blank slate for any mods I choose to try. I have been thinking about going full on race gun with it. Red dot and all, getting the slide milled so it sits down further.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    On the plus side, I now have a bubba'd up CZ A model that is a blank slate for any mods I choose to try. I have been thinking about going full on race gun with it. Red dot and all, getting the slide milled so it sits down further.
    I have great ideas all the time. That's why I never have any money. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom