• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    i might be still, want to shoot this guy see what i think. available locally from a gentleman that used it lightly. Got a very fair deal on it for what i is i beleive. If i like it i might want the 85 as well. you cant ever have enough handguns lol.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    So you're not interested in the Wizard's 85 Combat?
    If I didn't already have the matte stainless 75B with ambi controls (that has also been tuned by the Wizard, no less), I'd be all over his 85C. Excellent price, especially since it's already been Cajonized by him in every way that I would want.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It isn't cool to be jerking around someone like the Wizard. He is the salt of the earth and would give anyone the shirt off his back. There are a lot of people on this forum and particularly this thread who count him as a friend. Be upfront with him if you don't want it but don't lead him on. Talking out of both sides of your mouth will get you a lot of cold shoulders.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think I got lucky on the sear cages. I could find no numbers on either of them and so I tried to swap them and the 40P sear cage fit perfectly into the P01. Interestingly, the 40P sear cage seems to be finished nicer than the P01 cage is. Nothing that matters, but it just looks like there is a higher level of machine work on the 40P cage. I put both guns back together with the 40P internals in the P01 and the P01 guts in the 40P with the stock P01 hammer. Everything came out working well, so I decided to try to swap the hammer into the 40P. I got a bit over zealous and managed to completely disassemble the sear cage, so that will be fun to reassemble one of these nights. I did notice that the decocking sear cage lever is dimensionally a bit different out of the P01, so before I reassemble the pistol, I'm going to order a new one for $9. This is the one that's internal to the cage and lifts the sear while decocking.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    It isn't cool to be jerking around someone like the Wizard. He is the salt of the earth and would give anyone the shirt off his back. There are a lot of people on this forum and particularly this thread who count him as a friend. Be upfront with him if you don't want it but don't lead him on. Talking out of both sides of your mouth will get you a lot of cold shoulders.

first of all i never told anyone id take the gun. Second of all i very much would still consider buying the gun. Third im not jerking anyone around. I ask if he was going to be at the 1500 to take a look at it. IF AND ONLY IF i can get away saturday to do so. If you feel it necessary to try to guilt me for taking a better deal knock yourself out. Im not about to feel guilty about it, bet if the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't either. I am sure the Wizard is a standup guy, i have no issue with him id hope he wouldnt have an issue with me. I never ask him to hold the gun, offered a deposit or said i would take it. I had a chance to buy a CZ custom shop gun for a bit more money locally.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County

You are very right on that !

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok. We don't need this in here. Everyone take a breather. I don't have any idea what went on behind the scenes, but this nonsense isn't necessary. Unless someone says they will take something, they are free to do as they please. No sense in getting all upset over something. I have no dog in this fight...

Nice looking gun you picked up there. Let us know how she shoots when you get a chance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Snipezze
    Top Bottom