Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, I wanted to get most of the sights changed and some older magazines resprung. I also will have to look at the ammo locker and add a bit. Those projects are on the back burner now. I will be getting the new to me P09 upgraded and put it through its paces so it can become the primary HD gun. Then is will be on to the SP01 I am acquiring. I already have a Phantom which is in the top tier of my guns. I am going to make this as close to a Shadow as I can make it. I am curious to see how close we can come. She will be the Wraith.

I'll be very interested to check out the Wraith when you have her completed. I know you'll do her far more justice than I would have been able to. She couldn't be going to better hands ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I broke protocol as well. I set some direction and had a weak moment or 2 (almost 3) but as I have spent more than a few hours in review I can not think of anything else that needs to be done. My order list has 2 items on it and they are not have to have.

Now I will focus on the S/S for a while. I need to order the pistons so I can get the engine tamed down a bit. It currently has a measured 13.5 to 1 CR and a thumping ass camshaft. The initial Dyno run put the HP just south of 600 and no tuning chasing the big numbers. This was out of the box break it in and run it up. Way to radical for intended use in the 64. I am looking for 450 with a power enhancer for an on demand 150 HP boost.

Ordering the Pistons today. $575 dollars with the rings. The math shows 11.6 to 1 CR with these. Race gas mix will be required.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Now, that's the way to spend a snowy January day. I need to pull the cam towers off of the Spider and get them powder coated back to the original finish they had when the car was prepped back in the early '70s.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now, that's the way to spend a snowy January day. I need to pull the cam towers off of the Spider and get them powder coated back to the original finish they had when the car was prepped back in the early '70s.

Yup. I am running out of winter.
    I will not have the car done anytime soon. There is some drive line mods in the mix. The original 3rd member will not live behind these power numbers as well as the original Power Glide. I have a 4L60 core coming soon. I also know a "Guy".
    I am a full year out with paint/body requirements.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really need a better workspace for my vehicular projects. My garage gets tight in the winter and with the wife coming in and out of it, it's damp, dirty and never really warms up. It's just not a fun place to work.

On an unrelated note, I've been carrying the full size CZ for a couple of days and am rethinking the RZ45 purchase. Not because carrying a full size 1911 is an issue, as it's not (a full size 1911 was my first carry gun years ago. Worked then, works now) but more because I just love this dang CZ 1911. I think I'll put the money into sights and call it good. I can live without the beaver tail grip safety and if it turns out I can't, I'll just fit one. I'm was not crazy about modifying this gun, but think I'm getting over that. It's sporting new grips, an extended thumb safety and a flat checkered MSH and feels better and better with each mod. Sights will finish this gun off nicely.

Besides, passing on the RZ45 opens up cash for upgrades for the other pistols. The Sig needs some EGW love as does the R1S. The R1S could also use better sights and a beaver tail grip safety since that one gets shot a bunch. I also need a couple of sets of grips and an exhaust for the new Spider. I have to find out where one of those money trees are because none of mine are sprouting $20s right now. I could easily burn through $10,000 in projects to the house, cars and guns right now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom