88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning everyone! :coffee:

Spent a little over 5 hours doing my first full polishing job on a CZ that was unmolested. The P-01 has CGW parts in it, but is a hammer and disconnector away from being fully done up. I don't have the funds right now for those so I decided to go ahead and do the polishing since it was something I wanted to do this winter anyways. Took my time and did it right. Disassembled my first decocker sear cage and went back together with success. It paid off really well. This gun had the worst trigger of the bunch, but it also had nothing done to it and has the lowest miles on it so I couldn't expect much. The slide is like butter now, trigger is so much smoother. This is the 3rd CZ I've been deeply into within the last week or two and I'm enjoying it more every time. Really learning the inner workings is something I've wanted for awhile. I can't wait to do the SP-01, it's the last one needing some lovin. This will get me by for awhile until I can get some funds saved up to do hammers and disconnectors in them, except Shiny as it's already fully done up.

Congrats T-D! To me, there is something cathartic about doing a detailed polish job on a new gun. Going through each part and pin that touches something and bringing it to a mirror finish one bit at a time is just plain fun. Whether it's a 1911 or CZ, it's always cool to turn a factory gun into something special.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :coffee:Good morning to all, T-Dogg you and Rusty have fun shooting your new tuned CZs. The Wizard performed surgery on my 97 yesterday and like always said it turned out awesome. Everybody have a great Sunday!psyko

I am anxious to run that one.......:cool:

I got deep into my (your) 97 on Friday. Just a good clean and inspect. It is one of my favorite's.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really need to add a 97 back to the collection someday. I sure wish that I knew CGW existed when I had mine.

My 1st CZ was a 97 that I was blessed to shoot at the 1st covert meeting of a small band of miscreants that do not exist.....officially (:shady:).
    BA was there with a table full of communist block guns. I had no idea what was about to happen. Nor did he me thinks. That was the start.
    He put this beautiful hunk of man gun in my hand and it was over for me. That 97 has changed hands a few times but it is still in the family me thinks.
    He also put the most painful to run little spy gun in my clutch's. Yowza.
    I was ringing steel at 95 yards with his RAMI

I have not been the same since........damn him......:cool:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Somehow things have gotten away from me already this year. I had some pretty concrete plans. For the most part they have now taken a back seat to ":poop: happens". I will recover and get back on track but this is frustrating to me. But, realistically, I shouldn't be surprised. This is the way of things with me.
    I have four guns that have been proven to be difficult to finish. It wasn't really the fault of the guns, per se, but some misordered parts or perhaps misunderstood orders. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I think. But we have thought that a couple of times before with these. I would really like to get them up and running reliably so we can move on and complete some other tasks. But the task list has gone sideways a bit. Oh well, this, as always, should be interesting.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I guess I should say five guns. The finish on the Redhead has proven to be more difficult than I ever imagined. It is now in the shop for its second Cerakote adventure. I really hope we don't need a third shot at this. It's too bad because it is a very excellent shooting gun. Well, like some other projects, these difficulties will be forgotten in time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah, I wanted to get most of the sights changed and some older magazines resprung. I also will have to look at the ammo locker and add a bit. Those projects are on the back burner now. I will be getting the new to me P09 upgraded and put it through its paces so it can become the primary HD gun. Then is will be on to the SP01 I am acquiring. I already have a Phantom which is in the top tier of my guns. I am going to make this as close to a Shadow as I can make it. I am curious to see how close we can come. She will be the Wraith.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My January plans are not working out quite like I had planned. The month spent reloading and working on the Fiat just has not materialized and instead I'm spending my time buying guns, working on guns and shooting guns. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I love doing all of those, but that Fiat will need attention soon. Timing belts are very unforgiving of procrastination in an interference engine.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm just along for the ride. Every time I make a plan, it never happens. So I've started a list, in no particular order, as long as things are getting getting marked off the list I am happy. Sure the list grows more than it shrinks, but that keeps me looking forward.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm just along for the ride. Every time I make a plan, it never happens. So I've started a list, in no particular order, as long as things are getting getting marked off the list I am happy. Sure the list grows more than it shrinks, but that keeps me looking forward.
    Yep, that's the story of my gun owning life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom