Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got a chance to run the SP01C out at MCFG on my way back from breakfast this morning. BTW, the pancakes were almost as good ad the El Torerro scrambler. The SP01C now has an RRK, SRS and ring hammer and sear kit along with the usual RP springs and trigger pin. Wow, what a sweet shooter. I should have the SP01C/40 in hand on Monday and am anxious to see how that stock trigger feels in comparison. After being on the fence about the little gun for a bit, I'm glad that I ended up bringing it home. I stopped by USDS last night and fondled their RZ 45 Heritage for a bit. Wow, what a nice gun that is but I'm starting to think that I need to pull back on buying at the moment and maybe revisit that one later this spring. There are 3 of those available locally and they have been in the case for over a year in two of the shops, so I don't see them being hard to find in a couple of months. There must not be much of a margin on those if the asking price is an indication. The one I looked at last night was only $3 off of MSRP but I did not attempt to haggle at all. If I do end up picking one of those up, it will have to be as part of a trade deal with the G30sf and maybe the Remington R1S. Even then, I'd have to add a bit of cash I think.

For now though, I think I'll just stop the buying spree and enjoy what I have for a change.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've decided to hold off and only put things up for sale if it becomes necessary. I had bought a G19 off a friend of the wife who needed some quick cash, so it's going, but I'm going to bide my time on the rest and see how this plays out. Can't buy anything for a while though, that's for sure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got a chance to run the SP01C out at MCFG on my way back from breakfast this morning. BTW, the pancakes were almost as good ad the El Torerro scrambler. The SP01C now has an RRK, SRS and ring hammer and sear kit along with the usual RP springs and trigger pin. Wow, what a sweet shooter. I should have the SP01C/40 in hand on Monday and am anxious to see how that stock trigger feels in comparison. After being on the fence about the little gun for a bit, I'm glad that I ended up bringing it home. I stopped by USDS last night and fondled their RZ 45 Heritage for a bit. Wow, what a nice gun that is but I'm starting to think that I need to pull back on buying at the moment and maybe revisit that one later this spring. There are 3 of those available locally and they have been in the case for over a year in two of the shops, so I don't see them being hard to find in a couple of months. There must not be much of a margin on those if the asking price is an indication. The one I looked at last night was only $3 off of MSRP but I did not attempt to haggle at all. If I do end up picking one of those up, it will have to be as part of a trade deal with the G30sf and maybe the Remington R1S. Even then, I'd have to add a bit of cash I think.

For now though, I think I'll just stop the buying spree and enjoy what I have for a change.

Man I am with you here.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

While I'm off next week, we'll have to get together and shoot. I'd love to check out what you've done to that SP-01 compact. Let me know if you can do lunch next Friday ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    While I'm off next week, we'll have to get together and shoot. I'd love to check out what you've done to that SP-01 compact. Let me know if you can do lunch next Friday ;)

Sounds good. Unless someone dumps a lunch time meeting on me, I'll be up for a shoot out at PB. I should have the SP01C/40 by then too but don't know if it will be tuned at all.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    All this SP01c talk.... I just wanna go home and fondle mine.... Was looking at parts early this morning, that's gonna have to wait. It's good enough stock for now. Maybe. We'll see. I make no promises to this group anymore.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Unfortunately, this is going to be a bit of an impact financially. Car is having issues on top of it, so it looks like I'll have to decide what I can part with to make some extra money. Not thrilled with the idea, but I'll definitely have to let my SP-01 go and I might have to put the CCO back up for sale as well. Also no longer going to be able to pick up the P10C as I'd hoped :(
    That really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Do they screen onsite or is it contracted out? My work does the drug screening onsite and we have the results back within 2 days. The BG check can take over a week though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    All this SP01c talk.... I just wanna go home and fondle mine.... Was looking at parts early this morning, that's gonna have to wait. It's good enough stock for now. Maybe. We'll see. I make no promises to this group anymore.

The gun definitely improved with the CGW parts, but it did not improve that much. I have a SRS for the .40 coming in but other than that, it's just getting a polish and lightened springs. The trigger on the SP01C was so good out of the box though, CGW parts only improved it marginally.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    BTW, someone double check my ad and see if I missed anything. My brain is mush right now :(

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lvers/430630-g19-gen-4-xs-big-dot-sights.html

The XS Big Dots are a love/hate thing for some. I didn't see if it said that it comes with the original sights in the listing. I know you said that it comes with everything it came with originally, but if it has the stock sights in the box, it might be worth pointing that out to someone that would not want the big dots.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The gun definitely improved with the CGW parts, but it did not improve that much. I have a SRS for the .40 coming in but other than that, it's just getting a polish and lightened springs. The trigger on the SP01C was so good out of the box though, CGW parts only improved it marginally.
    This is good to note. I suppose it will shoot in a little bit.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Do they screen onsite or is it contracted out? My work does the drug screening onsite and we have the results back within 2 days. The BG check can take over a week though.

I believe it's contracted out. They'll have the results in two days, so I'll be good to go on the 6th.

The XS Big Dots are a love/hate thing for some. I didn't see if it said that it comes with the original sights in the listing. I know you said that it comes with everything it came with originally, but if it has the stock sights in the box, it might be worth pointing that out to someone that would not want the big dots.

Yeah, no original sights in the box, just the new ones he had installed. I always keep my stuff together, but evidently my buddy doesn't do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom