Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Whew. Just took the dogs for a walk. First the two big ones, then the two little ones. Better for them, and a double workout for me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have to do it before it gets hot, or it doesn't happen.

I'm lucky that once I get acclimated to summer heat, I love it. I was out mowing around noon the other day when it was 88 degrees and humid as hell. Didn't bother me a bit. Went out a few hours later when it was even hotter to use the weed-eater. That said, I'm still very much looking forward to getting out today while it's still nice and cool, as I'll take a 70 something degree day over a hotter day any time:)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm lucky that once I get acclimated to summer heat, I love it. I was out mowing around noon the other day when it was 88 degrees and humid as hell. Didn't bother me a bit. Went out a few hours later when it was even hotter to use the weed-eater. That said, I'm still very much looking forward to getting out today while it's still nice and cool, as I'll take a 70 something degree day over a hotter day any time:)

I've never handled heat well, and it doesn't help that I'm lugging around an extra hundred pounds. My favorite summer temp is about 65. Over 75, and I'm really uncomfortable.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've never handled heat well, and it doesn't help that I'm lugging around an extra hundred pounds. My favorite summer temp is about 65. Over 75, and I'm really uncomfortable.

Yeah, I've put on a little extra and realized it really hurts when it gets hot out. The wife and I are looking into some fitness equipment so we can work out at home and not have any more excuses.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm convinced that as soon as we stop moving, our bodies begin to rot. Moving is the only way to keep all of the parts attached. We have to out run the grim reaper.

Yeah, with my sedentary job I don't do as much moving as I should and I try to make up for it with walks and exercise after work. Not doing as much as I'd like right now, but hoping to ramp it up over time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My wakeup call came earlier this spring when the vision issues I was having was diagnosed as a mild stroke. Until then, improved health was something that was easy to put off, but when the vision in my dominant eye impacted my ability to shoot, I took that as a smack from God to wake my ass up and get healthier. So far, so good but I did back slide about 3 lbs while on vacation. Two of them are back off, but I still have 10 to go before I'm happy. If I lose 6lbs, I'll be back to the weight I maintained while in the Air Force. I actually tried one of my old uniforms on just before going on vacation and it almost fit.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My weight and health issues are way out of control right now. I've got to fight harder before the diabetes takes my eyes or my legs. I've seen it happen too many times.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, it's not easy. A few years ago when I first joined Anthem, I started working out a couple times a week, eating healthier and lost almost 30 pounds in pretty short order. I felt pretty good as well. Since then I've started eating a lot worse, have stopped most exercising, have put that weight back on, plus more and feel like crap. Need to get motivated again :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, it's not easy. A few years ago when I first joined Anthem, I started working out a couple times a week, eating healthier and lost almost 30 pounds in pretty short order. I felt pretty good as well. Since then I've started eating a lot worse, have stopped most exercising, have put that weight back on, plus more and feel like crap. Need to get motivated again :(

The issues in my neck/shoulders keeps me from any regimented work outs.
    I work about as hard as I can on my remodel/construction projects. That has to be enough. Any more would put me in a bad way.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I work about as hard as I can on my remodel/construction projects. That has to be enough. Any more would put me in a bad way.

You're always in motion, CM, whether it's "official" or not. I think you're good.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

My "workouts" are all cardio related. Exercise bike, elliptical, walking with the wife and occasionally some hiking. I can't do regimented workouts either, just trying to keep the blood flowing ;)

You're always in motion, CM, whether it's "official" or not. I think you're good.

Agreed :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom