Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Have any Ingo'ers bought any recent Interarms surplus 75's? I have a couple coming from bud's and reviews online appear positive.

Wanted to hear from anyone here if they received an acceptable "fair" condition 75.

Thanks.

I picked up one of the 'fair' guns earlier this month. I'd say, for the money it was a good gun, but to be honest, it would have been a good gun for $100 over what I spent on it. It's becoming the basis of my 'budget' build to see how nice a gun I can produce for as little money as possible. I put all new springs in it as well as an extended firing pin for something like $48 and am in the process of refinishing it with some old Duracoat. I also am experimenting with reducing the hammer hooks down to just over .020" and that, with the springs gave me an SA trigger pull of 2.25lbs and a DA pull of around 5.5lbs. That's a bit light for carry, so I'll up the main spring somewhat to get closer to a 2.75/6.5lb pull. My goal is to produce a really good carry gun for under $500 and if I skip the night sights and grips, can be into it for well under $400.

But, definitely do a thorough inspection before accepting the delivery. Most are great, but there are some cracked one's in there as T-D found out.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Will do.

Is there a good source for small parts kits, if I ever need them?

For springs, I always just order from CGW. I like to put a fresh extractor spring in them even though they probably don't need it, but since you'll want to pull the extractor and clean behind it, might just as well spend the $4 to make sure it's good. As for other parts, let us know what you need. A lot of us have upgraded these and have a decent spare parts stash.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For springs, I always just order from CGW. I like to put a fresh extractor spring in them even though they probably don't need it, but since you'll want to pull the extractor and clean behind it, might just as well spend the $4 to make sure it's good. As for other parts, let us know what you need. A lot of us have upgraded these and have a decent spare parts stash.

Best to just opt for new parts.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Cleaning out the safe and man cave tonight. Finding a bunch of "junk" that I no longer have use for and has no actual value, actual junk stuff.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really need to clean out the gun room. I have way too many parts from guns I don't have any longer. Stuff like a Tapco stock for an SKS. I also have a Texas Dogleg Rail for an AK that I should sell. Then there's the Romanian side folder that needs a new home. Lots of stuff that needs either given away or traded for something useful. Anyone into AKs?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really need to clean out the gun room. I have way too many parts from guns I don't have any longer. Stuff like a Tapco stock for an SKS. I also have a Texas Dogleg Rail for an AK that I should sell. Then there's the Romanian side folder that needs a new home. Lots of stuff that needs either given away or traded for something useful. Anyone into AKs?

I have tried the "Clean out" sales and they are a pain in the butt.
    People want to dicker over a $10 set of grips or a $25 hand guard.
    Just not worth the hassle.....at least to me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have tried the "Clean out" sales and they are a pain in the butt.
    People want to dicker over a $10 set of grips or a $25 hand guard.
    Just not worth the hassle.....at least to me.

I need to gather is all up and just post a bunch of it in the 'Pay it forward' thread. Actually, maybe I ought to figure out what I need to move on and then give the CZickoos first dibs. You guys are probably salivating at the idea of getting my crap for free. Oops, I mean, free quality firearm parts. Then again, since you guys seem to know a good pistol when you see one, I'm guessing you'll realize that junk is junk before I can off load it to you.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I need to gather is all up and just post a bunch of it in the 'Pay it forward' thread. Actually, maybe I ought to figure out what I need to move on and then give the CZickoos first dibs. You guys are probably salivating at the idea of getting my crap for free. Oops, I mean, free quality firearm parts. Then again, since you guys seem to know a good pistol when you see one, I'm guessing you'll realize that junk is junk before I can off load it to you.

Post, and pics, PLEASE .....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I usually give this stuff away if someone needs it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm guessing I'll have to pay someone to take some of this stuff. There are gems like a CA non-adjustable AR buffer tube or the original parts from the Saiga conversion I did a couple of years back.

I would wager I have 10 stock AR grips, 4 or 5 sets of hand guards in various length. The chaepy adjustable milspeck stocks and on and on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom