Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't think I've ever seen a stainless .40 before that one.

Do you normally carry? If so, what and how?
    If you don't mind me asking.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't think I've ever seen a stainless .40 before that one.

Do you normally carry? If so, what and how?
    If you don't mind me asking.
    The 40 was listed as a Nickel finish. But yes that was the first I'd seen like it.

I carry everyday and everywhere. I carry appendix location with a 9mm Shield in a Remora "no clip" holster. My other carry position is 3:00 with an OWB holster, Shield in warm months with a leather holster, but something fullsize in a Safarliand paddle holster in the winter months.

I have carried fullsize guns before in the appendix location, it's definitely doable. I have another Remora holster for the fullsize CZs for this already.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I don't know about replacing a plastic guide rod on an aluminum frame. I think I saw a FAQ somethere that had a recommendation from CZ against putting a steel guide rod in an aluminum framed gun. I did just that though, on my 40P and its been fine since. Before I did that, the old plastic one was so warped, the gun would not work reliably. With the stainless one in there, it's been working beautifully. I really need to make that swap in my Compact, but dont' know if I'll do it to my P01.

Correct, they aren't recommended for the alloy or polymer frames, only steel.

Use of Steel Guide rods in CZ...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Correct, they aren't recommended for the alloy or polymer frames, only steel.

Use of Steel Guide rods in CZ...

I don't use steel guide rods in polymer guns. I have an alloy surplus gun that came with a steel guide rod. I don't plan to change it unless I start seeing unusual wear. The only alloy gun I recommend using a steel guide rod in is the 40P. But, they are supposed to have a plastic buffer to protect the frame from the guide rod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom