• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It looks like the stock spring is 16lbs for 9mm and .40. I'd start with the 14# and work down until you have cycle issues.

Edit: Also, pay attention to the ejection distance. If you are launching brass over 8 to 10 feet, you might want to go a bit higher with the recoil spring.
    So the idea is not to launch brass at peoples heads 20ft away?

Thanks for the info!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    OMG for a minute I thought you said Hi-Point. :faint:

Ha Ha. Slight difference. Question for the experts. Do you guys swap the plastic guide rod for a steel one? I have not had any problems. No failures of any kind, it just seems kind of flimsy.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I think that's to be expected with age. ;)

I've not had a CZ with a plastic rod, cannot say on that...

I have noticed that recently. I thought maybe when I turned 70...but I guess 50 is when that happens. lol. As far as the CZ goes...I will probably order a steel rod and see what I think. :n00b:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ha Ha. Slight difference. Question for the experts. Do you guys swap the plastic guide rod for a steel one? I have not had any problems. No failures of any kind, it just seems kind of flimsy.
    I always replace the plastic one with a stainless steel one. The plastic one is an embarrassment to such a quality gun. Depending on the replacement you buy, make sure which recoil spring it uses (flat wire vs round wire).

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's another one to look at. This one is CO2 powered and shoots BBs instead of airsoft pellets: https://www.amazon.com/ASG-CZ-75D-Compact-Airgun/dp/B00D5VDOZE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_200_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=4148-XVpOJL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=89TR917R5QH8DCKXN3T2

I don't know about replacing a plastic guide rod on an aluminum frame. I think I saw a FAQ somethere that had a recommendation from CZ against putting a steel guide rod in an aluminum framed gun. I did just that though, on my 40P and its been fine since. Before I did that, the old plastic one was so warped, the gun would not work reliably. With the stainless one in there, it's been working beautifully. I really need to make that swap in my Compact, but dont' know if I'll do it to my P01.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    88E30M50 said:
    The website I rented from was SmartFlix.com, but I cannot pull them up any longer. The spring that generally goes flying for me is the trigger return spring. I wrap the frame in a rag before pulling the punch out when I pop a trigger group out. The sear cage springs will go flying if you are not careful, but it's easy to be careful when disassembing the sear cage. You will be able to put a finger on both sides of the cage to keep stuff from departing. The last time I lost a sear cage spring was because I forgot they like to fly and pulled the pin out while looking at a different part of the cage.

It can't be rented but I may just have to buy it. http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/books-amp-videos/videos/handgun-gunsmithing-videos/cz-75-eaa-witness-pistols-76-min-dvd-sku050000060-41561-62698.aspx?cm_mmc=cse-_-Itwine-_-shoppingpla-_-American%20Gunsmithing%20Institute%20Video%20Armorer%27s%20Handgun%20Courses&gdffi=4c10f1ff40354714b834b0032f76348a&gdfms=DE4AF787EB6440559C2EF3F14BEE8E5E

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom