Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks folks, I'm excited about the new job. I goes to show that CZs are just plain old good energy. Happy things happen when you contract the Czickness.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I gave up on my project gun and gave it to the Wizard. He has decided not to accept it so he is going to fit the new barrel and return it to me. So, I have some decisions to make. My default reaction is to fully Cajunize it, of course, and then probably cerakote it as well. It is an interesting gun as it is an all steel compact but it has a decocker instead of a safety. I'm not sure I really have a use for it but I will undoubtedly continue to throw money at it until it is how I want it. Then I will have to decide how to use it. :dunno:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I gave up on my project gun and gave it to the Wizard. He has decided not to accept it so he is going to fit the new barrel and return it to me. So, I have some decisions to make. My default reaction is to fully Cajunize it, of course, and then probably cerakote it as well. It is an interesting gun as it is an all steel compact but it has a decocker instead of a safety. I'm not sure I really have a use for it but I will undoubtedly continue to throw money at it until it is how I want it. Then I will have to decide how to use it. :dunno:

Or sell it, if you don't really have a use for it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey, here's another reason that this thread needs to survive: A couple of weeks ago, I had made a passing mention that I was getting burned out in my current job. Been doing it for 20 years and some of the thrill has gone out of software engineering in my department. WTB suggested that I contact his company about a job in Information Security. We quickly realized that we both work for the same company and are sitting in almost the exact same spot, except for having a floor between us. I thought it was just a happy coincidence and let it go, but Tom did not. Fast forward 3 weeks and 2 interviews and I have accepted a fantastic opportunity on Tom's team working in Information Security Architecture.

None of that would have happened without WTB and this thread. And, since this thread would not have happened without CZs, it just goes to show that a CZ can not only thwart a baddie, but it can also help to alleviate job burnout. I'll bet that there are other things that we could improve our lives with using CZs that none of us has ever thought of. Laundry maybe?

Thanks Tom, I owe you one big time!

This is great news.

Well, I may need to get another CZ or two.......:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Truth..............I do not have a good reason to own over half of my guns beyond just wanting them.
    The boys (KJ/"J" man) were going to Friday night steel and I was considering going. Then, I am not sure which gun I would run.
    The MC's are not totally ready yet. The new one needs the sights aligned better. The 2 race guns would put me in the open class and I am in no way competitive with those animals.
    The commander might work for this but the stainless Sheriffs special would be the one and I am not sure I want to run the snot out of it right now.

"So".....what now, buy and build a specific gun for these things.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Woohoo, fun range trip. The P229 and Legion both performed flawlessly. The P229 did so with both .40 and .357 Sig and soaked up the recoil very nicely. Unfortunately, I found the small flaw in the finish on the rail is growing, so it looks like it'll have to go back to Sig. Very unhappy with that, but I'm afraid to shoot it any more :(

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Truth..............I do not have a good reason to own over half of my guns beyond just wanting them.
    The boys (KJ/"J" man) were going to Friday night steel and I was considering going. Then, I am not sure which gun I would run.
    The MC's are not totally ready yet. The new one needs the sights aligned better. The 2 race guns would put me in the open class and I am in no way competitive with those animals.
    The commander might work for this but the stainless Sheriffs special would be the one and I am not sure I want to run the snot out of it right now.

"So".....what now, buy and build a specific gun for these things.

Hmm, that Phantom would have been perfect for that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Woohoo, fun range trip. The P229 and Legion both performed flawlessly. The P229 did so with both .40 and .357 Sig and soaked up the recoil very nicely. Unfortunately, I found the small flaw in the finish on the rail is growing, so it looks like it'll have to go back to Sig. Very unhappy with that, but I'm afraid to shoot it any more :(

A crack...???

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Maybe.

I need to get through a few things around here before I start another project. Still lots to do before the leaves start to fall.
    I survived telling the spouse about the car. So that is going down like I described.

The Wizard and I were wondering yesterday how that went. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom