88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I've been thinking about that P01 all night. They have one down at a local LGS in green and I thought it was beautiful. It's the same green at Tom's P01. The one in the classy does not look like that same green though. I don't know if it's the light or if they had a different green for a while, but the one in the ad comes across as a muddy green, not the dark forest green of the others. I think I need to PM the seller for a better photo.

I get very frustrated when people believe that the only gun suitable for carry is a tiny plastic single stack. If you're willing to compromise a little and dress around the gun you can carry a much better shooting platform.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/413623-looking-carry-9mm-suggestions-3.html
    I did my part in trying to point the fella towards the happiness that a CZ in the hand brings. There sure are a lot of Shield folks though too.

I'm thinking about retiring the satin nickel from everyday carry duties. Maybe I should buy a set of nice barbecue grips for it and only bring her out for special occasions.
    What's the reason for retiring the compact? Getting the urge for something different or is it that you realize just how nice that satin nickel would look dressed up. Making the satin nickel compact wear Hogues all the time would be like having to grow up with a poster of Farrah Fawcett in sweats.

I wonder why they don't make a stainless compact?
    Question of the ages. My guess is that CZ is making plenty of money building fantastic service pistols and the need to serve the folks that like shiny stuff is just not that high on their priority list. If they are selling as fast as they are building, then there's no upside to them to retool a gun in stainless.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What's the reason for retiring the compact? Getting the urge for something different or is it that you realize just how nice that satin nickel would look dressed up. Making the satin nickel compact wear Hogues all the time would be like having to grow up with a poster of Farrah Fawcett in sweats.

I just want to save it from the rigors of everyday carry. The finish has held up very well but I feel like I am tempting fate. I think the PCR will be just fine in this role once I get some more rounds down the barrel.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think I can get away with bead blasting the RAMI frame and either leaving it bare and keeping it lightly oiled or a satin clear coat.

I have a Kimber that has a bare bead blasted aluminum frame and it's held up quite well. Aluminum quickly forms an oxide layer that will protect the metal. It's the reason we see so many bare aluminum trailers and airplanes around. It also looks good too. Remind me beforehand and I'll bring it to the shoot so you can see what it ages like after about 10 months with no finish on it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I think I can get away with bead blasting the RAMI frame and either leaving it bare and keeping it lightly oiled or a satin clear coat.

You could strip it, and bead blast it. I think that would make for a nice bi-tone combination. It would end up as a sort of a reverse bi-tone setup, kind of like this:

images

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a Kimber that has a bare bead blasted aluminum frame and it's held up quite well. Aluminum quickly forms an oxide layer that will protect the metal. It's the reason we see so many bare aluminum trailers and airplanes around. It also looks good too. Remind me beforehand and I'll bring it to the shoot so you can see what it ages like after about 10 months with no finish on it.
    I don't exactly have the best memory, but will do my best. ;)

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Good morning! range:shoot: day with BA. I have now settled on a good recipe for my Witness Limited 10mm. After working up to 11.0 grains of Blue dot powder behind a 180 grain X-treme copper plated bullet at 1295 fps. I have been shooting this load and achieving good groupings and a cool blue flame. The crimp had to be adjusted to keep the bullet from moving back into the case from recoil. I will concentrate on adjusting the sights today. I will also be shooting my new to me P-01 that I installed Meprolight nite sights on last night.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I get very frustrated when people believe that the only gun suitable for carry is a tiny plastic single stack. If you're willing to compromise a little and dress around the gun you can carry a much better shooting platform.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/413623-looking-carry-9mm-suggestions-3.html

BA. I would love your opinion on a CZ. I stopped by a lgs which had all models of CZ. If you has a choice what would your carry model be and why? I don't have a bunch of fun gun money but when I do I want to spend it wisely.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    BA. I would love your opinion on a CZ. I stopped by a lgs which had all models of CZ. If you has a choice what would your carry model be and why? I don't have a bunch of fun gun money but when I do I want to spend it wisely.

A lot depends on you. If it were me, I would want the most gun for the money. You could save up for a PCR. That would be ideal. But, they aren't cheap. IMO the best bet is to watch the sites that offer military surplus guns. You can often find a compact gun under $400 on Gunbroker. If you could find one with an alloy frame, even better. Then you would only need a good cleaning and possibly a spring kit and you would be in business. Of course, if you are very particular about what your gun looks like then this will probably not work for you.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My offer still stands if you want to shoot my RAMI. I'm a member out at Hillside in Roanoke.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    The lgs has Rami, p-01, pcr, and compact. I would like a decocker because I don't plan in carrying cocked and locked. The Rami they had was a MS model. I can wait to save up if needed. What is the consensus on safety vs decocker?

Rusty before I pull the trigger on the purchase I will be in contact with you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom