Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Now, that's a gun I'd love to add. I think I'd add a set of CGW parts and cocobolo grips. The grips would need to be stripped, stained and oiled to match the worn patina. A shiny set of new grips would not look right, I think. Other than that, it would just get shot a bunch. That worn blue patina is a thing of beauty.

I am probably going to pick one of these up sometime this year, hopefully. I doubt I will do anything to it. I want to have one stock gun for people to shoot.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am probably going to pick one of these up sometime this year, hopefully. I doubt I will do anything to it. I want to have one stock gun for people to shoot.
    I would love to pick up one of the beaters at the $285 price.... Maybe if there are still some left come my bday in August I'll look further into my rejection. I don't really have the money to spend on that anyway.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I would love to pick up one of the beaters at the $285 price.... Maybe if there are still some left come my bday in August I'll look further into my rejection. I don't really have the money to spend on that anyway.

Yep, money is tight and the ammo locker is looking pretty lean.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After spending a bit of time last night fondling the CZs down at the LGS, I'm feeling like I need to add something to the collection. The dark green P01 would sure be nice, but I'd have to go holster shopping for it. Then again, what ever holster I ended up with would fit my 40P too, so that's a plus. I held the 97Bs again and the largeness of them was more apparent this time than the last. But, with a good holster, that would make for a fantastic carry gun, even if it is big.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    After spending a bit of time last night fondling the CZs down at the LGS, I'm feeling like I need to add something to the collection. The dark green P01 would sure be nice, but I'd have to go holster shopping for it. Then again, what ever holster I ended up with would fit my 40P too, so that's a plus. I held the 97Bs again and the largeness of them was more apparent this time than the last. But, with a good holster, that would make for a fantastic carry gun, even if it is big.

I love my green P-01 :D

P-01%20New%20Grips_zpslftz6ex6.jpg

P01_zps5vkxdzut.jpg

I like the look better with the hyena brown VZ grips, but I like the feel of the stock rubber grips better. Certain G19 holsters will fit the P-01 just fine. Not 100%, but good enough. I know the Bladetech that I got with the G19 I bought used fits mine pretty well.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    The look of your P01 is exactly what I'm wanting Tom. That pistol is the perfect combination of beauty and function.

I enjoyed shooting Tom's PO1, and that's saying a lot for me as I typically hate compacts and subcompacts. Go big or stay home, that's my motto. However the RAMI and the PO1 have made me question that a little. Not a lot, but a little.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The look of your P01 is exactly what I'm wanting Tom. That pistol is the perfect combination of beauty and function.

I enjoyed shooting Tom's PO1, and that's saying a lot for me as I typically hate compacts and subcompacts. Go big or stay home, that's my motto. However the RAMI and the PO1 have made me question that a little. Not a lot, but a little.

:thumbsup:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I usually shoot my RAMI better than fullsize stuff. When I messed with Tupperware, I shot the subcompacts the best... :dunno:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My P01 found its way to the Wizard. I may have to pick up one of the Omega models when they become more available.

Grab-a-Gun has a placeholder for the P-01 Omega with the newer flatter trigger blade, ala the P-07 and P-09 have. They are currently out of stock, and list the price at $620-ish. Since the Omegas tend to cost less than their legacy trigger counterparts, I'd watch for one to go on sale... Typical P-01 models can normally be had in the $550-$560 range at the online places I tend to look at.

CZ P-01 Omega Convertible Black 9mm 3.8-inch 10Rd Fixed Sights Online Gun Store

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom