• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If I were you, I'd find an old Ruger MKII for a 22lr pistol. Last one I got was for $200. They shoot VERY well. And with them being that cheap, you will be able to save up for your next CZ sooner.

I need to sleep on this. I must not jump into anything. :runaway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I guess you're paying for their sense of pride. At the previous price point, it made sense, but not at $1100.

I was thinking about getting one and having Losey love on it. Looks like I'm going to be better off going with an Omega and dropping in the CGW guts.

They still offer the "stock" Shadow. Although, they are currently out of stock.

CZ 75 SP01 SHADOW PolyCoat 9mm

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If I were you, I'd find an old Ruger MKII for a 22lr pistol. Last one I got was for $200. They shoot VERY well. And with them being that cheap, you will be able to save up for your next CZ sooner.
    I had a MKIII 22/45 LITE briefly last year. There were many things I did not like about it and it will cost over $100 to fix all those things...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a range trip this morning to MCFG with my son and took the compact along with the new stainless 75B. It's been close to 300 rounds since i had issues with the mag spring screw working loose and all is still well, so I'm confident that the new screw resolved the issue. The compact was perfect as usual and I had a good morning shooting with it. I remember now why I used to consider it the ultimate 9mm carry pistol available today. Even though mine is only half cajunized, it still runs like a scalded cat. I really should treat it to a CGW hammer as a welcome home present to it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I did a range trip this morning to MCFG with my son and took the compact along with the new stainless 75B. It's been close to 300 rounds since i had issues with the mag spring screw working loose and all is still well, so I'm confident that the new screw resolved the issue. The compact was perfect as usual and I had a good morning shooting with it. I remember now why I used to consider it the ultimate 9mm carry pistol available today. Even though mine is only half cajunized, it still runs like a scalded cat. I really should treat it to a CGW hammer as a welcome home present to it.

Hard to go wrong with a compact.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Nice, sounds like it was a good time! :yesway:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That's the one I was looking for. Hopefully they aren't discontinued and never coming back.

They still offer the "stock" Shadow. Although, they are currently out of stock.

CZ 75 SP01 SHADOW PolyCoat 9mm

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the mkiii's. Especially the zetyl poly frame ones. But the metal frame MKiii's seem serviceable. What was it that would cost you $100 to fix though? Removing the mag disconnect, and slicking up the FCG shouldn't cost that much. Sights?

The old MKii's are in a different league. My MKii is on par with my full boat cajunized sp-01. Freaking LOVE that gun.

I had a MKIII 22/45 LITE briefly last year. There were many things I did not like about it and it will cost over $100 to fix all those things...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the mkiii's. Especially the zetyl poly frame ones. But the metal frame MKiii's seem serviceable. What was it that would cost you $100 to fix though? Removing the mag disconnect, and slicking up the FCG shouldn't cost that much. Sights?

The old MKii's are in a different league. My MKii is on par with my full boat cajunized sp-01. Freaking LOVE that gun.
    The mag disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, horrible trigger, I'm sure there was one other thing but I'm drawing a blank. The biggest thing that bugged me was the angle the mags inserted in the 22/45 version. I never could do it without fumbling.... I just didn't shoot it very well. It's on my list, but most likely not going to happen. Right now I'm leaning towards a GSG 1911, will be shooting DOGG's soon and make my choice after that.

Oh, the last thing was the 'slingshot' mod.....

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :coffee: Morning folks.
    I have a chance to upgrade my 16" M1A Socom to a 22" Loaded version. I have some time to think about it, as if I needed more things to think about.
    This is happening tomorrow afternoon. While I like the Socom quite a bit, the Loaded was what I had my heart set on.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    SYIYiH8h.jpg

If this works I will explain later

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom