• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    What happened with 75 Shadow prices? Just checked on CZ Custom, and they're up to $1100. Weren't these something like $8-900 a year ago?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What would you like to know? I only know a little about CZs but would be happy to research for you if I don't know.
    There are so many different variants and if you count special editions or other government contracts... Would be neat to see a database of all the different ones. Just in my little research about the Pre 'B'or the 'A' model, those changed quite a bit before the 'B' came along.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There are so many different variants and if you count special editions or other government contracts... Would be neat to see a database of all the different ones. Just in my little research about the Pre 'B'or the 'A' model, those changed quite a bit before the 'B' came along.

The pre-B models are really in three groups but there are variations on a theme. You have the short rail 75's which were the first introduced. They are extremely difficult to find and quite expensive. Then you have the 75's with the rounded trigger guard, spur hammer and the very difficult to change front sight. The pre-B version (often referred to as transitional. It has some or all of the squared off trigger guard, ring hammer and pinned front sight.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is what I've read. I've come to the conclusion that to get the "look" I want, I'll have to make some mods to the frame to make it work for me. I don't want to have to find special mags.

Being an old man, the biggest issue for me is the front sight. That's what keeps me from having the second version. I think you can get an after market spur hammer to go on a transitional if you want. I probably need to check on that to be sure.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Being an old man, the biggest issue for me is the front sight. That's what keeps me from having the second version. I think you can get an after market spur hammer to go on a transitional if you want. I probably need to check on that to be sure.
    Haven't you heard? Looks are more important than functionality.

I also love the round trigger guard and the writing on the slide.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Haven't you heard? Looks are more important than functionality.

I also love the round trigger guard and the writing on the slide.

Ok, this is more difficult but not undoable. With enough patience and research I think I could find you one with a rounded trigger guard and spur hammer but with changeable front sights...maybe. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom