Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My "project gun" finally arrived yesterday. It is the 75D on the left. It has a steel frame. The gun on the right is the recently Cajunized 75 Compact with alloy frame.

IMG_0630_zpsocumoabp.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The 75D needs a new barrel but I have a deal in place that should address that relatively inexpensively. Of course, the Cajun parts and cut down Hogues will have to wait a bit. I'm pretty happy with the score for a $250 gun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Okay, here are the four compacts. You will notice three different types of frame here. From left: the satin nickel Compact with safety and steel frame, the Compact with safety and alloy frame, the 75D with decocker and steel frame and the PCR with decocker and alloy frame.

IMG_0632_zpsjxwbnasa.jpg

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Okay, here are the four compacts. You will notice three different types of frame here. From left: the satin nickel Compact with safety and steel frame, the Compact with safety and alloy frame, the 75D with decocker and steel frame and the PCR with decocker and alloy frame.

IMG_0632_zpsjxwbnasa.jpg

It truly is a beautiful compact family. Since I want a rail, the P-01 will be my next gun and my entry into the CZ psych ward. I think I will wait for the Omega. The 75 compact family really seems to be the perfect gun to me.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Are there any internal differences in the compact and the P-01? I'm looking at it because it has a rail but I don't know how terribly important that is if there aren't really any other differences. From what I can tell the compact, P-01 and PCR are generally the same gun. CZ-USA imports whatever they can get their hands on and the different models are intended for marketing in different parts of the world.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Other than the safety/decocker and the alloy frame there aren't any differences. If you want one compact model for carry I would probably recommend the PCR because of the weight and the fact that holsters are a bit easier to find.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    :coffee:Good morning all enjoy your Saturday, off to are monthly company sale's meeting at least they serve us breakfast. Tomorrow will be alot more enjoyable have a great day!psyko

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm counting 4 different frame types in that photo. Steel safety, steel decocker, aluminum safety and aluminum decocker. That's certainly a nice group though. I think I need to work on my compact collection. Right now, it's only the compact and 40P. An Omega P01 would round that out nicely.

Lot's to do here too before tomorrow. I'm still short of what I want to bring in 9mm but I have the components ready for loading. I have to make sure all of the mags are marked and the range bags need cleaned out. I've got a trauma pack in one of them for Rusty if he needs it. I also need to get everything extra I'm bringing into a box so I don't forget any of it.

On a personal happy note, the scale said 171 lbs this morning when I jumped on it. Plus, by BP is running around 122/77 lately pretty consistently. That's down from 198 lbs and a BP of 177/97 back in February when I had the stroke. The eye is still messed up, but it's getting better, so I'm feeling pretty happy right now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I'm counting 4 different frame types in that photo. Steel safety, steel decocker, aluminum safety and aluminum decocker. That's certainly a nice group though. I think I need to work on my compact collection. Right now, it's only the compact and 40P. An Omega P01 would round that out nicely.

Lot's to do here too before tomorrow. I'm still short of what I want to bring in 9mm but I have the components ready for loading. I have to make sure all of the mags are marked and the range bags need cleaned out. I've got a trauma pack in one of them for Rusty if he needs it. I also need to get everything extra I'm bringing into a box so I don't forget any of it.

On a personal happy note, the scale said 171 lbs this morning when I jumped on it. Plus, by BP is running around 122/77 lately pretty consistently. That's down from 198 lbs and a BP of 177/97 back in February when I had the stroke. The eye is still messed up, but it's getting better, so I'm feeling pretty happy right now.

Holy Mother man......I had no idea you stroked out.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Glad to hear you're getting healthier. I need to do the same. Just hit the scale and I'm at 186... :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom