• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'm sure it has been asked and answered before on INGO but I'll go ahead and ask anyway. I just became a resident of IN. Since my drivers license has to be mailed to me, they gave me a paper version. Will this paper version be enough to purchase a gun if I happen to find a good deal at the 1500? I'm sure it would work for a private sale since it obviously shows proof of IN residency, but would it work for a FFL? This question is probably all academic since I've been told the true deals at the 1500 on firearms have dried up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure it has been asked and answered before on INGO but I'll go ahead and ask anyway. I just became a resident of IN. Since my drivers license has to be mailed to me, they gave me a paper version. Will this paper version be enough to purchase a gun if I happen to find a good deal at the 1500? I'm sure it would work for a private sale since it obviously shows proof of IN residency, but would it work for a FFL? This question is probably all academic since I've been told the true deals at the 1500 on firearms have dried up.

I am not sure as to the paper ID/License.
    As to the deals.....If you look hard enough you can and will find something.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

You could always try. I'd think that you would have to have some form of government issued photo id to go along with it though. To be truthful though, I could see some folks having an issue with that, especially if the gun is a real deal. They know that it will sell most likely and they might think 'Why risk this being a BATFE sting'. But, like I said, you can always give it a shot. If it's a local vendor, you might get them to hold it for you until your license comes in.

I just checked with my in-house BMV expert and she says that it could be used as proof, but it's up to the individual or business as to whether or not they accept it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is good to know. I was going to go just to experience it since I've never been. It would be icing on the cake to score a deal on something I like.

Sadly Ingo will not have a presence at this show. I try and man the booth at least one day for these and would have enjoyed meeting you and introducing you to some truly un-savory characters.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was hoping to make it to the 1500 tomorrow, but with a trip to NC coming up, work is backing up and I don't think I can get away. If Saturday's weather is as crappy as predicted, and all outdoor chores are called off, I might go hunting for deals on primers.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Sadly Ingo will not have a presence at this show. I try and man the booth at least one day for these and would have enjoyed meeting you and introducing you to some truly un-savory characters.

Nah, I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. He'll have to wait till next time to meet THE unsavory character.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom