Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm not sure about what I'll do with that one. I know that I'll swap the grips out, as the ones on there feel huge to me. At the minimum, it will get fresh, light springs and an extended FP. We'll have to see about the finish though. Right now, I'm not digging the patina but maybe it will grow on me.

Speaking of what to do with a 75, I'm still struggling to get the other pre-B working well. I've gone through everything and checked the assembly and all looks good. But, I still get an occasional drop from the SA sear to the DA sear and find that if the gun is pointed normally, like while shooting, the issue happens very consistently. If I point it towards the ground, it does not happen at all.

I'm wondering if the trigger bar ears that ride on the bottom of the slide may be worn, letting the trigger bar sit a bit higher and catching the disconnector when the SA trigger drops. The old hammer required more travel to disengage the taller hammer hooks and that additional travel may be enough to push the trigger bar down below the DA sear surface on the disconnector. I'm not sure where to go right now and may try to build the surface up on the trigger bar somehow to see if that makes a difference. If it does, I'll spend the $69 for a new trigger bar. I'd rather not throw that money at the issue until I'm more confident it will help.
    Get in touch with the Wizard.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I'm not sure about what I'll do with that one. I know that I'll swap the grips out, as the ones on there feel huge to me. At the minimum, it will get fresh, light springs and an extended FP. We'll have to see about the finish though. Right now, I'm not digging the patina but maybe it will grow on me.

Speaking of what to do with a 75, I'm still struggling to get the other pre-B working well. I've gone through everything and checked the assembly and all looks good. But, I still get an occasional drop from the SA sear to the DA sear and find that if the gun is pointed normally, like while shooting, the issue happens very consistently. If I point it towards the ground, it does not happen at all.

I'm wondering if the trigger bar ears that ride on the bottom of the slide may be worn, letting the trigger bar sit a bit higher and catching the disconnector when the SA trigger drops. The old hammer required more travel to disengage the taller hammer hooks and that additional travel may be enough to push the trigger bar down below the DA sear surface on the disconnector. I'm not sure where to go right now and may try to build the surface up on the trigger bar somehow to see if that makes a difference. If it does, I'll spend the $69 for a new trigger bar. I'd rather not throw that money at the issue until I'm more confident it will help.

Check the trigger bar spring first to make sure the spring on both sides are in the grooves on the bottom side of the trigger bar. The left side should be in contact with the groove but not much upward pressure. The right side in the groove with heavier upward pressure.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Check the trigger bar spring first to make sure the spring on both sides are in the grooves on the bottom side of the trigger bar. The left side should be in contact with the groove but not much upward pressure. The right side in the groove with heavier upward pressure.
    Will do. Thanks Losey!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Great things arrived in the mailbox today....CGW Pro Kit for the P-07, two IWB holsters , one for my RAMI and one for the P-01 from Johnson Leatherworks.. I had the P-07 already waiting for the parts, parts now installed, functional check done and 32 rounds fired...just wow!!!!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Great things arrived in the mailbox today....CGW Pro Kit for the P-07, two IWB holsters , one for my RAMI and one for the P-01 from Johnson Leatherworks.. I had the P-07 already waiting for the parts, parts now installed, functional check done and 32 rounds fired...just wow!!!!!

Box from EGW today.
    Package from Brownells.
    1911 stuff but hey, all good yeah

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Sounds like it was a great evening for you Chris. They really are amazing when done up right.

My evening was mostly good, with one frustrating part. After checking the spring engagement on the pre-B and still having the issue, I decided to try to hammer/sear in my stainless B to see if they worked better there. While disassembling the sear cage, I got careless with the sear spring while worrying too much about the lifter bar spring. I heard a 'twoing' and then something hitting a shelf behind me across the room. I spent a good hour looking for that and was down to removing each component on the shelf one at a time and on the last shelf, I found it. I also found the trigger return spring that got away from me last month too while I was at it. I really need to order spare springs for nights like these.

Once I found the spring, I just reassembled the stainless 75B with it's factory parts and called it a night. On the bright side, the pre-B is working fine, if not quite tuned, with the factory parts back in and the new transitional cleaned up nicely inside. I'll bring it to the shoot for it's maiden voyage. I may toss a spare set of springs in the bag just in case.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    88, glad you found the springs. I think that anyone who works on firearms has launched a few springs. The wife and I are looking forward to Sunday..Going to be spending some time this week loading ammo...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom