Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks. I may be selling the SP101. I got it a bit by accident. Threw in a low GB bid on it and then promptly forgot about it. Then I bid on the M36 a few days later. Got the two "congratulations" emails within 5 minutes of each other.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Congrats on the new wheelies Snap.

Honestly, I'm getting a bit bored with the market. I need to either take a break, or start viewing things differently. I'm finding it harder and harder to be thoroughly impressed with anything out there. I have a few things that I really enjoy: CZ, 1911, AR-15. Everything else lately is just kind of...meh. Seems like I keep dumping endless amounts of time and money into a gun, only to lose interest and end up selling it to move onto the next shiny thing. Maybe that's where the fun is? I'm figuring out a lot of things this year, just seems like a damn expensive process. Be easier if someone would just tell me what to do. :)

You know what you need T-DOGG? You need a G***k. Maybe a G30 to keep around. I find that when I'm getting bored with the really good stuff, I gravitate back to carrying the G gun for a little while. Then, once I get used to that after a week or so, I get back into my other guns with my perspective renewed. If you carry a G gun for a week or two, picking up a CZ or 1911 is like that first big steak dinner with all the fixings after spending two weeks eating only salads. A G***k is a good, reliable tool that will reset your perspective after you've been spoiled too long. Think of a G***k as the crash diet after indulging in excellent guns long enough to be bored by them.

I think a set for a 1911 could be trimmed and stretched to fit. Just played around a little bit with the unused hogues I have for my 1911. Or shave down a set of hogues for the 75 to fit under the pretty grips.
    I've wondered if you could cut the finger grooves off of a set of Hogues and bond them with rubber cement to the front strap. Nothing permanent, but something that would allow the best of both worlds like the Pierce grips do in the 1911 world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The 2011 has been with AllenM all week.
    Feed issues he has tracked to a combination of things Mags being one of them.
    At $75 ea. I would think the Mags would work well enough but no. 6 mags @ $75 ea. and now another $200 to fit them out with better springs and followers.
    I am needless to say :(...........displeased with STI. Nothing to do with Allen or his work.
    If you work for or with STI it would not Bode well for you to tell me right now.............:xmad:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The 2011 has been with AllenM all week.
    Feed issues he has tracked to a combination of things Mags being one of them.
    At $75 ea. I would think the Mags would work well enough but no. 6 mags @ $75 ea. and now another $200 to fit them out with better springs and followers.
    I am needless to say :(...........displeased with STI. Nothing to do with Allen or his work.
    If you work for or with STI it would not Bode well for you to tell me right now.............:xmad:
    Not me!!! I didn't do it!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm heading out to start mowing. Oh, and I think I've just found my justification for adding a P07 to the family. It's a hot, sweaty day and I just cannot bring myself to subject the compact to that, so it's a plastic fantastic jobby that's riding the hip today. If I had a P07, it would be pulling that duty, not a G gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got done with mowing the first yard and the G gun is soaked. I would be sad to see my compact that way, but that's what the G gun is built for.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just got done with mowing the first yard and the G gun is soaked. I would be sad to see my compact that way, but that's what the G gun is built for.

Same thing happens with my Shield all summer. The only thing I've had any issues with has been the mag release. Now every time I clean it, I clean out around the mag release on both sides, put a drop of oil there and sit and work it for a few minutes before calling it good. Haven't had an issue since.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    We are baby sitting the first time for our Granddaughter while Mom & Dad go to a wedding!!
    IMG_20160528_144759739_zpsm8olphwg.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom