• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm getting ready to order parts for the pre-B and am thinking that I don't need the short reset system. The RRK says it will not work without an SRS, but the SRS consists of an extended firing pin, spring, FPB lifter bar, improved roll pin and FPB spring. None of those are usable in a pre-B. The firing pin is the wrong type and all other parts don't exist in a pre-B. I'll call CGW for this order to make sure of the parts I'm getting are correct, but right now, I don't see any use for an SRS in a pre-B.
    I'm interested to hear what you find out. I'd like know what all can be put into the pre b.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Beast is a pre-B. It is a transitional model and not the "A" model that you guys are referring to but the internals are about the same. The only difference I am aware of is that I don't think it came with a factory short reset disco like the A model had. Anyway, the Beast, as you probably know, has the CGW Pro Package which includes all of the upgraded springs including the extended firing pin. So, I'm not sure where you get that these can't be upgraded?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    For your pre-B you can get an extended firing pin with reduced power spring, it uses the same for the Shadow. Combine this with the race hammer kit and the reduced power trigger return spring, removable trigger pin and an 85 C trigger then add a 11.5 or 13lbs mainspring then you have an awesome handgun!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For your pre-B you can get an extended firing pin with reduced power spring, it uses the same for the Shadow. Combine this with the race hammer kit and the reduced power trigger return spring, removable trigger pin and an 85 C trigger then add a 11.5 or 13lbs mainspring then you have an awesome handgun!
    thanks Losey. That's kinda what I was thinking I could do but was a bit confused by the RRK description regarding the need for the SRS. I need to get parts ordered today if I'll have any chance of getting it done before the shoot.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    thanks Losey. That's kinda what I was thinking I could do but was a bit confused by the RRK description regarding the need for the SRS. I need to get parts ordered today if I'll have any chance of getting it done before the shoot.

Now that I think about you can put in the RRK combined with the Shadow style firing pin and spring. The new lifter arm is not needed on the pre B and on the B just adjust the timing while raising the firing pin block giving clearance for the FP to strike the primer. David will help you out when you order.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Now that I think about you can put in the RRK combined with the Shadow style firing pin and spring. The new lifter arm is not needed on the pre B and on the B just adjust the timing while raising the firing pin block giving clearance for the FP to strike the primer. David will help you out when you order.

Any thoughts on what the difference is between the 85C trigger and the RRK trigger? The 85C trigger says it is drilled for the RRK, so are they the same or maybe a different contour?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom