Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't think it will be ready for the shoot. I am going to try but I am not optimistic. There is a lot of additional work after Cerakote.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:
    I'm :nailbite:. Real shot in the dark, at least with GB you get to see the actual firearm. Not something I would normally do, but the price was right... I don't care what it looks like, just so long as it's complete and functions.
    Other than the bore, has anyone heard of a CZ that was completely worn out? I don't think I've ever heard of a CZ that could not be brought back to life. When I got my '88 pre-B, I thought it was a parts gun. I could not even get the barrel out of the slide without first taking a file to the crown. The rest of the gun looked like they had been lubing it with dirt and motor oil, but once cleaned up with fresh springs, it ran fine.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Other than the bore, has anyone heard of a CZ that was completely worn out? I don't think I've ever heard of a CZ that could not be brought back to life. When I got my '88 pre-B, I thought it was a parts gun. I could not even get the barrel out of the slide without first taking a file to the crown. The rest of the gun looked like they had been lubing it with dirt and motor oil, but once cleaned up with fresh springs, it ran fine.

No, I've never heard of one being shot out. Very, very hard to kill a CZ. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Another one of the Wizard and I's favorite "used to belong to us" CZs is about to pop up in the classifieds. I am so far out over my skis right now that it simply isn't possible short of winning the lottery. Life can be cruel sometimes. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom