Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Enjoyed our range trip. Only took Shield and G19. Rented a G43, a Springer XDs and a Shield Performance Center. Nothing was quite what the wife wanted. She didn't mind my Shield, but didn't think the trigger was great. We made the mistake of coonfingering a Ruger LC9s before we went in to shoot and unfortunately they didn't have one for rent. Almost considering ordering one without shooting it, as it had such a sweet trigger. Only ~$350 shipped is hard to pass up. Can get Truglo TFX sights for it for ~$106. Hmmm....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Enjoyed our range trip. Only took Shield and G19. Rented a G43, a Springer XDs and a Shield Performance Center. Nothing was quite what the wife wanted. She didn't mind my Shield, but didn't think the trigger was great. We made the mistake of coonfingering a Ruger LC9s before we went in to shoot and unfortunately they didn't have one for rent. Almost considering ordering one without shooting it, as it had such a sweet trigger. Only ~$350 shipped is hard to pass up. Can get Truglo TFX sights for it for ~$106. Hmmm....

Hey if you want you can grab my shield with a APEX Dcaek kit in it and see if that is what she wants.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Doesn't the LC9 have a sorted history? Started out as a hammer fired gun with a very crappy trigger and then went striker fired. If I remember correctly Ruger even offered a trade in program for the original LC9. Didn't the LC9 have numerous issues and so Ruger just gave up and went striker fired?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Range day today. I need to test the new mag base on the 97. Also going to test the new mag base on the P09/9. Will be sighting in the lasers on the P01 and P09/9. I am also hoping for my first rounds through the P09/40. Looking forward to a good day with good friends.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey if you want you can grab my shield with a APEX Dcaek kit in it and see if that is what she wants.

I'm wavering back and forth between the Shield and the LC9s. I'll touch base with you if the wife wants to try a Shield with the Apex trigger, thank you for the offer :)

Sister has and loves her LC9s

Just saying.

Good to know :yesway:

Doesn't the LC9 have a sorted history? Started out as a hammer fired gun with a very crappy trigger and then went striker fired. If I remember correctly Ruger even offered a trade in program for the original LC9. Didn't the LC9 have numerous issues and so Ruger just gave up and went striker fired?

I don't know the history of the LC9s, just that I remember reading a lot of posts when it came out of the improved trigger. Went and fondled it last night and can say that the trigger is pretty darn nice. I heard the LC9 had a long, heavy pull and the LC9s is very different. I wish they'd had one in the rental case cause I would have loved a chance to shoot it.

Need to focus on ammo. Focus on ammo, focus on ammo.

You mean as you send it downrange? :):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm in a kind of gun selling conundrum. On one hand, I decided to not sell anything until I've gone a year with a mind toward selling it. That way, I should have no regrets, right? The problem is, very few guns go a year without being shot or loved on, so nothing gets sold. The RIA is due to move on, but just about everything else becomes my favourite at some point in the year.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Almost forgot, morning all... :coffee:

Well, that too. But moreso for acquisition rather than buying another gun.

Yeah, I just realized that while there are some guns I'd really like, there isn't anything I need. Buying the wife a carry gun and perhaps some accessories for mine and then some ammo :)

It is quite windy out there. Hope the range trip goes well for you BA. There's nothing like hot lead therapy to make life better.

Very true! :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm in a kind of gun selling conundrum. On one hand, I decided to not sell anything until I've gone a year with a mind toward selling it. That way, I should have no regrets, right? The problem is, very few guns go a year without being shot or loved on, so nothing gets sold. The RIA is due to move on, but just about everything else becomes my favourite at some point in the year.

I tried to put together a seminar on this at your request "But"..........there has to be a level of insanity in the mix I am nit so sure can be taught..........:)

I look at my pieces and can not see any of them moving to new homes in the foreseeable future save an AR or 2 if the Hildibeast (:nailbite:) is elected

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom