wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Happy Birthday Tom!

I've been experimenting with a belly band holster for use when biking. They do seem to work well and you are spot on about the G gun being more prone to an AD during holstering. The one thing I did find that works well for biking is a WWII reproduction 1911 shoulder holster. Rearrange the straps a bit and it gives a nice tight fit for a left of center carry.

Thank you Tim! :)

Yeah, that sounds like it would work well. I carried my Shield around with the belly band for a while and was surprised how comfortable it was. Weird for it to be a little higher up than I'm used to carrying it at 4:00 at my waist, but I could see getting used to it. Hopefully the wife will feel the same.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have been looking at purses built for conceal carry. She does not "Like" them so far.

I may need to find "HER" some matching shoes..........................:)

Most conceal carry purses are ****ing ugly. Nothing says "I have a gun in my purse" better than something like this.

daea6cda782834c08e4ec1f984217971.jpg

Check out Gun Tote'n Mama's purses. They have more tasteful stuff like this. In fact, I saw this one at Applied Ballistics last time I was there.

41yFlXV6egL.jpg

Amazon.com : Gun Tote'n Mamas Concealed Carry Lambskin Rose Handbag : Gun Cases And Bags : Sports & Outdoors

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Happy Birthday Tom.
    Might have your wife look into a bra holster. My daughter was considering that method before she gave up on CC altogether.
    Her work was very animate about not carrying.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Happy Birthday Tom.
    Might have your wife look into a bra holster. My daughter was considering that method before she gave up on CC altogether.

My job was the same way. I told all of them to get ****ed and carried anyway.
    Thing is, I could. Many can't.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Happy Birthday Tom.

Just throwing in my :twocents: , I tried the flashbang holster and didn't like it. It was awkward to draw from and impossible to reholster.

I have one of these, and it can be worn high up on the torso, just under the bra line. Concealment holsters. Comfortable and versatile. Start carrying in comfort! | Pistol Wear It's similar to a belly band but has a pouch, and it comes in a nude colored fabric that doesn't show through clothes.

This is me with my PistolWear TrumpCard holster on. When I wear my scrub top, it doesn't show. Of course, I'm a bigger girl, so other girls' mileage may vary.

trumpcardpistolwear_zpsjjgyugks.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Happy Birthday Tom.

Thanks Scott! :)
    We're checking out multiple carry methods and will look into the bra holster, thanks.

Just throwing in my :twocents: , I tried the flashbang holster and didn't like it. It was awkward to draw from and impossible to reholster.

I have one of these, and it can be worn high up on the torso, just under the bra line. Concealment holsters. Comfortable and versatile. Start carrying in comfort! | Pistol Wear It's similar to a belly band but has a pouch, and it comes in a nude colored fabric that doesn't show through clothes.

This is me with my PistolWear TrumpCard holster on. When I wear my scrub top, it doesn't show. Of course, I'm a bigger girl, so other girls' mileage may vary.

trumpcardpistolwear_zpsjjgyugks.jpg

Thanks for the info Snap! I'm thinking that might be a good way for the wife to go. If the belly band doesn't work for her, we'll try this out... :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like Snap said there are a lot of purses out that actually are nice looking, got Kathy one for Christmas that is very low key!
    psyko

Spouse has some very specific style tastes. When we rode I had a sweet pair of leather pants custom made for her. She never wore them. Ever.They fit perfectly as she had 3 sessions with the leather smith. Just did not like them................:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom