88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Wow BA, 60 CZ mags is really covering the need well. I probably have half that in 1911 mags and half of those are factory, range only mags. My CZ mag stash is woefully inadequate by even my 1911 standard. One of the nice things about the CZ platform is that there really are no bad mags out there. Factory and after market Mecgar are the same mag and I don't feel like I need to separate any out for range use only. If a mag fails, it either needs cleaned or a new spring. There are so many variations in 1911 mags, it becomes a bit of a chore keeping track of what's a carry mag and what's a range mag.

I really need to go CZ shopping now. I need to sell some stuff to make that happen though, and I really suck at selling stuff. CM needs to put on a seminar on how to let go of something you like to get something you will like more. He could even wring a book out of that idea I'd bet.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Wow BA, 60 CZ mags is really covering the need well. I probably have half that in 1911 mags and half of those are factory, range only mags. My CZ mag stash is woefully inadequate by even my 1911 standard. One of the nice things about the CZ platform is that there really are no bad mags out there. Factory and after market Mecgar are the same mag and I don't feel like I need to separate any out for range use only. If a mag fails, it either needs cleaned or a new spring. There are so many variations in 1911 mags, it becomes a bit of a chore keeping track of what's a carry mag and what's a range mag.

I really need to go CZ shopping now. I need to sell some stuff to make that happen though, and I really suck at selling stuff. CM needs to put on a seminar on how to let go of something you like to get something you will like more. He could even wring a book out of that idea I'd bet.

It seems to be a never ending struggle. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Had an interesting discussion with the wife last night. She gets her LTCH this week and wants to start carrying, which I fully support. Problem is, she works in a professional environment, around customers, all day long in nice clothes. Most of those clothes are rather tight. Because she's in sales, it's not really an option for her to open carry. We talked a bit about it this weekend and she ordered a belly band holster. Her thought was that we'd pick her up a Glock 43 to use, since it's smaller and thinner than the Glock 19 she has as her bedside gun. When we looked at the belly band holster, I was showing her how she would need to be really careful holstering a G43, due to there not being a thumb safety. I showed her how the material could bunch up when the gun was being holstered and how that could end up with her shooting herself. My intention was for her to be aware of the fact, but the result was that now she's thinking of getting a Shield like me, so she can have a thumb safety. Of course, since the Shield is around $100 less, I'm not going to try to talk her out of it. We're going to the range tonight so she can shoot the Shield to see what she thinks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Happy Birthday Tom!

I've been experimenting with a belly band holster for use when biking. They do seem to work well and you are spot on about the G gun being more prone to an AD during holstering. The one thing I did find that works well for biking is a WWII reproduction 1911 shoulder holster. Rearrange the straps a bit and it gives a nice tight fit for a left of center carry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom