• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Congrats. I am expecting my first Grand daughter in Aug. Get this, my daughter will be 37 when she has her first child.

:dunno:

My parents were in their mid 30's by the time they had my brother and me. Seems like I'll probably be following suit as I'll be 29 this year and not a child one yet. Not that we've been trying either so... However niece #4 is coming next month so there is that.

Congrats to all the new and repeat Grandpas in the house though!

Now to stretch my young legs and get ready for a walk in the woods were I can use my 20/15 (no not kidding better than 20/20 ;)) vision to find some mushrooms this weekend.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I hope it was planned.

Oh it was planed. She and her husband have planned everything down to the last detail. Everything on a schedule, they have planned every aspect of their lives. They wanted to be financially secure before having a baby. Not the typical rash young couple. I have been after them for years to have a baby.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    :dunno:

My parents were in their mid 30's by the time they had my brother and me. Seems like I'll probably be following suit as I'll be 29 this year and not a child one yet. Not that we've been trying either so... However niece #4 is coming next month so there is that.

Congrats to all the new and repeat Grandpas in the house though!

Now to stretch my young legs and get ready for a walk in the woods were I can use my 20/15 (no not kidding better than 20/20 ;)) vision to find some mushrooms this weekend.

I hear more and more that couples are waiting until a little later in life to start having children. I don't know if I could have handled waiting until I was in my 30's to have children. In the beginning they really wear you out.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    They wanted to be financially secure before having a baby. Not the typical rash young couple.

This was my plan, but the Mrs has her ways of changing my mind. Honestly, I think if most people waited until they were financially ready for a child, they'd never have one.

One of the three best things that ever happened to me was becoming a Dad, as much as I tried to avoid it. Don't get me wrong, I always liked how you make them, but I thought the maintenance plan was too high.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This was my plan, but the Mrs has her ways of changing my mind. Honestly, I think if most people waited until they were financially ready for a child, they'd never have one.

One of the three best things that ever happened to me was becoming a Dad, as much as I tried to avoid it. Don't get me wrong, I always liked how you make them, but I thought the maintenance plan was too high.

The absolute hardest....most expensive thing you can take on. If you do it right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom