Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's not all that much lighter. I don't notice a difference at all, but you probably would.

I set up all of my guns the same, with the same parts, same polishing, springs, etc. The idea was that I would essentially have the same trigger on any of the guns. What really happened is that if made me much more sensitive to minor differences in each one. Oh well, it was a good theory, it just didn't quite pan out how I expected it to.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I set up all of my guns the same, with the same parts, same polishing, springs, etc. The idea was that I would essentially have the same trigger on any of the guns. What really happened is that if made me much more sensitive to minor differences in each one. Oh well, it was a good theory, it just didn't quite pan out how I expected it to.

When I was deeply involved in building performance engines no 2 ever ran exactly the same way. There were always quirks/differences even when built identically.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When I was deeply involved in building performance engines no 2 ever ran exactly the same way. There were always quirks/differences even when built identically.

I discovered that about guns. It took a while. I'm still glad I went down this path. Most people can't tell much difference in these triggers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I discovered that about guns. It took a while. I'm still glad I went down this path. Most people can't tell much difference in these triggers.

It is the 1st thing on the check list. 2nd if frame to slide fit. Then overall fittment etc.

Yes....fittment is a word in my world.........:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning team! :coffee:

The new car has 18" rims and takes low profile tires. I'm not looking forward to replacing them when the time comes... :crying:
    Tire do get pricey as they go bigger. My wife's car has 19" low profile run flats. They don't take to potholes well and I've replaced 3 of them in the last two years due to pothole damage. The last one set me back over $400 for one tire. The thing that sucks is that one of the ones replaced was the first one to be replaced. So, even though I have put 3 new tires on the car, I still have two original tires on it. I f%&^$g hate low profile run flats.

I want that new cold war commerative cz75 with the scryllic writing and commie star and logos.
    I saw one of those at the 1500. It sure was interesting, but my tastes have me wanting to add a stainless 75B to the family.
    Tires are just insane these days.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning team! :coffee:

Tire do get pricey as they go bigger. My wife's car has 19" low profile run flats. They don't take to potholes well and I've replaced 3 of them in the last two years due to pothole damage. The last one set me back over $400 for one tire. The thing that sucks is that one of the ones replaced was the first one to be replaced. So, even though I have put 3 new tires on the car, I still have two original tires on it. I f%&^$g hate low profile run flats.

I saw one of those at the 1500. It sure was interesting, but my tastes have me wanting to add a stainless 75B to the family.

Yep, I love the look of the tires, but that's about it. I am also with you on the stainless 75B, though I hope to make it something I pick up down the road. I already have more guns than I really want right now. I need to clean some of my collection and just leave them in the safe for a while.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yep, I love the look of the tires, but that's about it. I am also with you on the stainless 75B, though I hope to make it something I pick up down the road. I already have more guns than I really want right now. I need to clean some of my collection and just leave them in the safe for a while.

I've decided that I won't sell anything until it's been on the short list for a year. My 930 SPX met that goal and was recently traded away and the old RIA 1911 is on consignment at a local shop for the same reason. In a couple of months, the Ed Brown will be there too. Over the years, I've finally figured out that I have no consistency in my focus in guns. There are some times that I am a head over heels 1911 guy, then a month later it's CZs that make me happy. Two months after that, and I'm back to 1911s. Then summer comes and I go for the plastic wonder guns, but then go back to the 1911s. So I finally figured out that just because I have a new flavor of the month, I have to keep from selling what I'll only have to re-buy down the road when my fancy turns back to that type of gun. If I go a year without a specific gun being my favorite for a time, then I know it's time to move it on. Right now, I'm in plastic fantastic mode.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom