Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've decided that I won't sell anything until it's been on the short list for a year. My 930 SPX met that goal and was recently traded away and the old RIA 1911 is on consignment at a local shop for the same reason. In a couple of months, the Ed Brown will be there too. Over the years, I've finally figured out that I have no consistency in my focus in guns. There are some times that I am a head over heels 1911 guy, then a month later it's CZs that make me happy. Two months after that, and I'm back to 1911s. Then summer comes and I go for the plastic wonder guns, but then go back to the 1911s. So I finally figured out that just because I have a new flavor of the month, I have to keep from selling what I'll only have to re-buy down the road when my fancy turns back to that type of gun. If I go a year without a specific gun being my favorite for a time, then I know it's time to move it on. Right now, I'm in plastic fantastic mode.

I flip flop a bit myself, but I shoot the 1911 platform better than anything else, so that's what I've focused on. The CZ's are just range toys for me, but I may force myself to train with the P-01 more to see if I can get to the point where I like it enough to carry it. I've toyed with the idea of getting a Glock 23, but I just don't shoot them as well as I'd like. I don't shoot them badly, but I just shoot 1911's and CZ's so much better. Maybe one day I'll have another Glock or Walther PPQ, but for now I'm sticking with what I have.

Make sure you let me know what you'd want for the Ed Brown when the time comes. I doubt I'll have the money for it, but you never know...

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I can't give up the 1911, I literally grew up shooting the 1911 in the USMC from the age of 17. I love experiencing new guns and have a pretty wide variety of handguns in the stable. Now I find myself selling guns that I don't shoot often enough to justify keeping (that does not include old colts or smith revolvers). And so my focus now is on CZ's. There is nothing like shooting a CZ that has been Cajunized. It just does not get any better than that for me. So I find myself at a point that all I really want now is one or two more CZ's and keep what I have. Until something revolutionary comes around :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I see my collection evolving lately to have three main types of guns. First, I have carry guns. These are the ones I don't necessarily like the best, but they work for me and I trust them. Second are the guns I love to shoot. They may not get carried, but they do get shot. The third part are the guns I just like to have even if they don't get shot or carried. These are things like the S&W 66-1, IBM M1 Carbine, Colt SP1, WWII Colt and Remington Rand. There are a couple of guns that span both first groups, like the CCO, CZ 1911 and Remington R1S. But group two (guns I own because I love to shoot them) are where my CZs live. This is the group I plan to expand on while reducing the overall count by selling the ones that really don't fit into any of the three groups.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Obama's reign of terror did teach me to consolidate my calibers. A lot of the variety of hand gun calibers I can shoot has to do with conversion barrels. Although I do have to confess a perverted love of odd calibers like .327mag and .22 TCM.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Made it to the range this morning with my new 75B, what a sweet shooter! This will be the ultimate in 9mm once it visits the Wizard.psyko

That is really sweet. Plus, with night sights and upgraded grips installed from the factory, those are a great deal too. The approx. $140 you saved in having those already will take a big chunk out of the cost of Cajunization.

sdunsworth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Columbus
    Took the new Shadowline out to the range yesterday for the first time. Whole lotta love there! Now to pick up a compact and order some CGW goodies ...

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Holy Cow this thread has blown up since I was last on line! Anyways..... I fed my CZitis with the purchase of a Brno 611A rifle in 22 Magnum. Very unusual rifle. Now if I could only find a spare magazine Some very nice weapons posted in this thread by the way!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom