88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've shot the G30sf before, nice gun. For a Glock... :):

I don't expect this one to approach my CCO in trigger quality, but it's a decent tool.

(don't tell CM) But I still carry a G19. I have several CZ's and they rotate in and out of carry and other roles. But if I was involved in a shoot and the gun would get carted off by the cops, even in a good shoot. I would rather it be the G19 than one of my Cajunized CZ's.

Exactly. If it's a good shoot, the gun goes into the evidence locker and will not be pampered while there. If it's not a good shoot, it does not matter as you'll never see another gun anyway. The simple tool that a Glock represents would be a much lesser loss than any of my CZs or 1911s.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had a fight with the CZickness last Monday. Went up to Bradis and they have a 97BD in stock. :drool: The worst part was I had money in my pocket.....

I need to pay off my truck, I need to pay off my truck, I need to pay off my truck.... :tantrum: I want a 97BD!!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I know how you can get a 10+1 .45 and still hold on to a lot of that cash. I dare not mention how though. To be honest, the 97BD has the potential to be an amazing gun with tuning. The other gun, whose name cannot be spoken, will always just be a simple tool and will never be called 'amazing'. No matter how much polish, ZEV parts are installed or anything else, it's still just a simple tool.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know how you can get a 10+1 .45 and still hold on to a lot of that cash. I dare not mention how though. To be honest, the 97BD has the potential to be an amazing gun with tuning. The other gun, whose name cannot be spoken, will always just be a simple tool and will never be called 'amazing'. No matter how much polish, ZEV parts are installed or anything else, it's still just a simple tool.

:nono:....................:)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

No.......no. It's just not the same. No matter how you look at it the CZ 97 is always 76 better than that other one

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll still take my 14+1 of 45 for under $400.

One day, one of those will follow me home. BTW, can you actually fit 14 in the mag? My Witness is supposed to be a 15 rd, 10mm but I cannot squeeze more than 13 rounds in the mag. At 13 rounds, the spring is completely bound and any more pressure bows the sides of the mag.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    One day, one of those will follow me home. BTW, can you actually fit 14 in the mag? My Witness is supposed to be a 15 rd, 10mm but I cannot squeeze more than 13 rounds in the mag. At 13 rounds, the spring is completely bound and any more pressure bows the sides of the mag.
    Yeah I get 14 in. I want to experiment with the +4-5 extensions for the para's.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd love to find a +4 or 5 for the Witness. That would be one serious home defense gun if it could run 19 or 20 rounds of 10mm (assuming I could do the +5 to a spec capacity mag).

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I'm suffering a little from this CZickness. I was shooting my new CZ 75 compact this afternoon at my new steel targets, and liking it more and more each time I shoot it. So much I was thinking about adding another. I really like the size of the compact. Mine has the steel frame. What are your opinions of the aluminum alloy frame compared to the steel. I was thinking the lighter pistol might be nicer to carry all day.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    With a decent belt and holster, I'm not sure the difference could be very noticeable. I have an all steel compact as well as an alloy framed 40P and the two seem to carry the same for me. Granted, the 40P has a longer slide and barrel, but I think you're only looking at a couple of ounces difference.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm suffering a little from this CZickness. I was shooting my new CZ 75 compact this afternoon at my new steel targets, and liking it more and more each time I shoot it. So much I was thinking about adding another. I really like the size of the compact. Mine has the steel frame. What are your opinions of the aluminum alloy frame compared to the steel. I was thinking the lighter pistol might be nicer to carry all day.

KYgunco has the OD green P-01 back in stock. That would fit the bill. I've carried mine some and think it's comparable to a G19 or so.

https://www.kygunco.com/cz-p01-9mm-...ber-grip-fixed-sights-kygunco-exclusive-82902

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I think I have a couple more guns to move out of the collection and then I'm going to start looking for either the stainless 75B or a P09. The 75B would probably be the first choice since I'm well covered for carry guns right now and would enjoy shooting that one more.

Anyone heard from BA lately?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom