Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Forgot to mention my bad experience from yesterday. While I was at Walmart the other day, I picked up a can of Breakfree Powder Blast. Thought I would give it a try to see if it does a better job of cleaning than what I'd been using. Sprayed some in my disassembled CCO parts and started cleaning. Did not like the way it cleaned. Stuff gummed up and it also caused a white residue (even though the can says that it doesn't). Noticed some of the spray ran onto the outside of the slide, so I used a rag to wipe it off and failed. WTF? Decided to use a little bit of Ballistol on the rag to wipe it down and the overspray still didn't come off. Decided to check in over at the 1911 addicts forum where I found out that I had permanently damaged the Duty Coat on my gun :(

I am very thankful that this was on my carry gun. At least now I'm not worried about holster wear, scratches, etc. Down side is that if I want it to look good ever again, I'll have to have it refinished. Yay... :n00b:

Sorry to hear about that WTB. But, you are right in that it's a carry gun and will improve over the years as it accumulates the patina of a gun that is serving you well. This will be just the first mark of many over the years.

Hoppes #9 and stay with it. Proven to work.

I love that stuff. Every time I open the bottle, it takes me right back to when I was a kid and my dad would take me shooting. That smell really is brings the old memories to life.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yes, I like it very much

Interesting, I didn't know they had it in aerosol form. I have a huge bottle that's a liquid, but I like it because it's a liquid. I put some on a qtip or rag and put it just where I want it. Seems to work very well. Except for the smell that is... :):

Sorry to hear about that WTB. But, you are right in that it's a carry gun and will improve over the years as it accumulates the patina of a gun that is serving you well. This will be just the first mark of many over the years.

I love that stuff. Every time I open the bottle, it takes me right back to when I was a kid and my dad would take me shooting. That smell really is brings the old memories to life.

Thanks Tim and yes, you're right. If it had been one of my range-only guns, it would have been much, much worse. As it's a carry gun... :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is exactly what I am referring to.........................:)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Someone already bid on the gun I am watching. It's very frustrating to watch the process as someone else buys the gun you want but can't afford.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Someone already bid on the gun I am watching. It's very frustrating to watch the process as someone else buys the gun you want but can't afford.

I will remain strong.
    I do so want the wizards 700 but reality has kicked me in the Nads and that hurt a bit.
    I have considered posting up the long range AR but it is a proven tack driver. It is worth a bit more than I can get for it. I would hate myself if I let it go....."Again"
    Let me see if there is something laying around here I can sellllllllllll...................:scratch:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I will remain strong.
    I do so want the wizards 700 but reality has kicked me in the Nads and that hurt a bit.
    I have considered posting up the long range AR but it is a proven tack driver. It is worth a bit more than I can get for it. I would hate myself if I let it go....."Again"
    Let me see if there is something laying around here I can sellllllllllll...................:scratch:
    I thought about that but I don't really want to get back on that merry-go-round. I will just have to suffer until I can put tires on the car and then save up some gun money.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I will remain strong.

We need to do some horse traden:wallbash:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom