The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Option 1, mill it for free.
    Step one, build a barn, collect some tools, buy a good drill press/cheap mill, build some AR’s, decide you want a good mill, go to auction, accidentally also bid on lathe while you’re there, somewhat learn to use them, mill your slides for free.
    Timeline 4-20 years.
    Benefit: Interest is tax deductible!

Letter number B do the Dave Ramsey thing and wait til you have the disposable income to do whatever you want.
    Timeline 4 to infinity years.
    Benefit: you get to brag about how austere you are!

Option 3 shoot it as is, but don’t wait too long to take it to The Wizard, the 300 bucks you have now would probably go a long way toward doing the job.
    Benefit: you get a feel for the gun as stock but you really get to develop your skills on the gun as you want it to be long term, without developing bad or different habits. You have a gun with at least some equity built into it and a great platform to move forward with improvements on.
    How much mana does it take for the wizard to work his magic?

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Step one, build a barn, collect some tools, buy a good drill press/cheap mill, build some AR’s, decide you want a good mill, go to auction, accidentally also bid on lathe while you’re there, somewhat learn to use them, mill your slides for free.
    Timeline 4-20 years.

Letter number B do the Dave Ramsey thing and wait til you have the disposable income to do whatever you want.

Option 3 shoot it as is, but don’t wait too long to take it to The Wizard, the 300 bucks you have now would probably go a long way toward doing the job.
    Benefit: you get a feel for the gun as stock but you really get to develop your skills on the gun as you want it to be long term, without developing bad or different habits. You have a gun with at least some equity built into it and a great platform to move forward with improvements on.
    Option 1 and 2 aren’t really made for my generation.. delayed gratification makes me shudder.

I’ll probably put a couple hundred rounds down first, minimum. I’ll likely go from there.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Option 1 and 2 aren’t really made for my generation.. delayed gratification makes me shudder.

I’ll probably put a couple hundred rounds down first, minimum. I’ll likely go from there.

1) Full CGW kit blessed and installed by the Wizard. Why? Because BA taught us that life is too short for a s}^!!y trigger.

2) Cease food intake until you have enough money for an optic and a mill job.

3) Purchase your next CZ

4) Return to number 1.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    1) Full CGW kit blessed and installed by the Wizard. Why? Because BA taught us that life is too short for a s}^!!y trigger.

2) Cease food intake until you have enough money for an optic and a mill job.

3) Purchase your next CZ

4) Return to number 1.
    This ^^^^ is the CZicko way.
    Timeline 4-20 years.

Option 1 and Letter number B are ways followed by a few of the more radical CZickos, but Option 3 is the CZicko way.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    There is also option D, wait for the IM custom p01 slides to open up and waste all of my money and then some for the slide of my dreams.. at least it would be optic cut..

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    There is also option D, wait for the IM custom p01 slides to open up and waste all of my money and then some for the slide of my dreams.. at least it would be optic cut..
    Or contact @AllenM for prices on what you want done. Local, INGO supporter who does great work and is a friend to all CZickos.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    While you wait, see previous post ... no need to wait for perfection when we have the Wizard. @llh1956, in our midst.

Start a conversation with the Wizard ... you won't regret for one second gettting the work done.

If you're also insistent on the slide cut, @AllenM can help you scratch that itch.

Waiting isn't the normal CZicko way.

Dang it ... bested by B2V again!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    AllenM CZ work and, of course, the Wizard.

d243c203be9f03f57cc422853e7526ca.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You have 300 bucks (and then some?), what optic are you going with? I'm not familiar at all with holosun price points but I know they're popular around here, but they're not that cheap. If this is your first dot it may very well be your last if you spend $150 with Allen getting it milled and $150 on a dot, you'll hate it. At least that's my prediction. Anything more than holosun and your 450-600 last I knew, but a dot is something you want to do right the first time.
    If the budget is really something to try to stick to then the CZ slide is out the window, I would think. Because it's that, plus the dot.

Do you own or have you shot dots before? Do you know what you like? I truly believe dots are the future, and if I'm not mistaken you're a young'un and it'd be awesome to get you started down that path in a good way.

For me, good shooting starts with a good trigger.
    I never had the privilege of meeting BA, but his legacy runs through the fine gentlemen I've met through this forum. I do truly believe that life is too short for a s****y trigger.

So continue to dream big! but you can make progress right where you're at too.

And start a conversation with The Wizard and Allen. They've probably read this, they're probably waiting.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    You have 300 bucks (and then some?), what optic are you going with? I'm not familiar at all with holosun price points but I know they're popular around here, but they're not that cheap. If this is your first dot it may very well be your last if you spend $150 with Allen getting it milled and $150 on a dot, you'll hate it. At least that's my prediction. Anything more than holosun and your 450-600 last I knew, but a dot is something you want to do right the first time.
    If the budget is really something to try to stick to then the CZ slide is out the window, I would think. Because it's that, plus the dot.

Do you own or have you shot dots before? Do you know what you like? I truly believe dots are the future, and if I'm not mistaken you're a young'un and it'd be awesome to get you started down that path in a good way.

For me, good shooting starts with a good trigger.
    I never had the privilege of meeting BA, but his legacy runs through the fine gentlemen I've met through this forum. I do truly believe that life is too short for a s****y trigger.

So continue to dream big! but you can make progress right where you're at too.

And start a conversation with The Wizard and Allen. They've probably read this, they're probably waiting.
    I hear you. As for holosun prices, carry optics run you roughly $300 last I saw, plus optic cut. Theoretically doable. I do know I will have it shipped off for trigger work at one point, I just want to make sure I train with a “bad” trigger before I go spoiling myself. (I’ve never considered da/sa triggers to be bad, they’re what I’m most accurate with, even da.) So mechanical upgrades are probably first. Then grips, more mags, train, get a light, train more, then get an optic.

Also concerning the optic, I’m not proficient with them. Hardly ever used them in my lifetime, really. It’s not too late to start, though. And yes, I am a youngin, I wasn’t even half way through high school before the pandemic hit if that tells you anything..

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I hear you. As for holosun prices, carry optics run you roughly $300 last I saw, plus optic cut. Theoretically doable. I do know I will have it shipped off for trigger work at one point, I just want to make sure I train with a “bad” trigger before I go spoiling myself. (I’ve never considered da/sa triggers to be bad, they’re what I’m most accurate with, even da.) So mechanical upgrades are probably first. Then grips, more mags, train, get a light, train more, then get an optic.

Also concerning the optic, I’m not proficient with them. Hardly ever used them in my lifetime, really. It’s not too late to start, though. And yes, I am a youngin, I wasn’t even half way through high school before the pandemic hit if that tells you anything..
    Wow just a babe! Off to great start though!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

CZ triggers get better with age! Put an O-ring under the hammer, make sure you are unloaded and while watching TV, etc dryfire the heck out of it. As funds allow add a CGW standard or Pro packge, plus if you don’t do a dot upgraded sights are nice.

Warch the classifieds, Holosun dots can be picked up for as low as $200 in good condition bit if this is a carry gun I would go for an EPS carry (have seen close to $300ish new on special).

ETA: when you are ready to do the Cajun upgrades the Wizard is in Lawrence and has quick turnaround times!

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Wow just a babe! Off to great start though!
    I’d like to think so. The cz community has been one of the most supportive, welcoming, and knowledgeable groups I’ve ever been in. G***k people stay busy arguing amongst themselves trying to justify spending 4k on a $400 gun, meanwhile cz guys tend to just go “Woo cz!!!” every time someone posts one. It’s great.

Top Bottom