The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I'm in for one that will support an INGO AR-15 lower. Do you have any scrap mahogany or cherry to work with?
    I have some cherry but may need to laminate it to get the right size, some black walnut and may make a 2 tone just for grins and giggles. Will have some time next week as Mrs. B2V will be out of town and me and the dog are bachelors for the week.

stale_ranch

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2024
    Carmel
    Evening ingo, need some advice from the many experts.

I’m looking to do some quality of life things to the p01, I have a budget of around $300 at the moment. I’d like to shoot it while it’s mechanically stock to improve my skills, so a trip to the Wizard is on hold. I was also considering optic milling but the milling plus buying an optic would probably exceed the budget. Grips are likely in the works but I’d like to sell the ones I don’t need before buying another set.

Thoughts?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Evening ingo, need some advice from the many experts.

I’m looking to do some quality of life things to the p01, I have a budget of around $300 at the moment. I’d like to shoot it while it’s mechanically stock to improve my skills, so a trip to the Wizard is on hold. I was also considering optic milling but the milling plus buying an optic would probably exceed the budget. Grips are likely in the works but I’d like to sell the ones I don’t need before buying another set.

Thoughts?
    Option 1, mill it for free.
    Step one, build a barn, collect some tools, buy a good drill press/cheap mill, build some AR’s, decide you want a good mill, go to auction, accidentally also bid on lathe while you’re there, somewhat learn to use them, mill your slides for free.
    Timeline 4-20 years.
    Benefit: Interest is tax deductible!

Letter number B do the Dave Ramsey thing and wait til you have the disposable income to do whatever you want.
    Timeline 4 to infinity years.
    Benefit: you get to brag about how austere you are!

Option 3 shoot it as is, but don’t wait too long to take it to The Wizard, the 300 bucks you have now would probably go a long way toward doing the job.
    Benefit: you get a feel for the gun as stock but you really get to develop your skills on the gun as you want it to be long term, without developing bad or different habits. You have a gun with at least some equity built into it and a great platform to move forward with improvements on.

Top Bottom