The Czickness LIII….CZing into the summer with friends near and far.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I had 2 of the Venom 5-25 and was very happy with them but then got a hair in the wrong place and ended up with a couple US Optics 5-25 and extremely happy with them now. Yes my wallet took a hit on the first one but the second one was much easier on it. There may be another Trijicon in the future but it'll have to wait it's turn on the list.
    I get it, normally I'm a Leupold upper end or a NF guy. When my son got out of the MC he ordered a BCM Gunfighter and then he bought a Trijicon 4x32 ACOG
    TA31 from Palmetto when it went on sale.
    Soon after I spent some time behind it and I was impressed with how clear it was and the Chevron retcial made hits easy out to 600 with SS 109 ammo.
    Next time they went on sale I ordered one for myself and put it on my RR Government model.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really need to pick up another ACOG. Two is one thing and all. Since putting an ACOG on the DD M4V1, everything else on my ARs just seems kind of meh to me. The LVPOs are really handy, but when compared to the utter simplicity of the ACOG platform, I find that I just don't enjoy them as much as I used to.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I get it, normally I'm a Leupold upper end or a NF guy. When my son got out of the MC he ordered a BCM Gunfighter and then he bought a Trijicon 4x32 ACOG
    TA31 from Palmetto when it went on sale.
    Soon after I spent some time behind it and I was impressed with how clear it was and the Chevron retcial made hits easy out to 600 with SS 109 ammo.
    Next time they went on sale I ordered one for myself and put it on my RR Government model.
    I thought hard about a 4× ACOG but with my failing eyes I thought a 1-8 would benefit me more. I was impressed also with the glass clarity. It's definitely worth the extra $$ IMnsHO.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I really need to pick up another ACOG. Two is one thing and all. Since putting an ACOG on the DD M4V1, everything else on my ARs just seems kind of meh to me. The LVPOs are really handy, but when compared to the utter simplicity of the ACOG platform, I find that I just don't enjoy them as much as I used to.
    I would like to spend a few mag fulls behind yours next time we're both at the same place at the same time.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    And the ACOGs are just built like tanks, both of my sons issued ACOGs in the MC had maybe 10-20% percent of the finish left on them and those scopes were still fully functioning and in the game.
    The only thing we changed was the mount, we went with LaRue lever mounts.
    If I found I needed another, I wouldn't think twice with buying another one.
    I'm a customer for life with ACOGs.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I thought hard about a 4× ACOG but with my failing eyes I thought a 1-8 would benefit me more. I was impressed also with the glass clarity. It's definitely worth the extra $$ IMnsHO.
    Are you going to the next Tipton show? I think its this coming weekend.
    I can bring one and you can take a lookie through it in the parking lot.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    If your ever going to be in Northern Madison Co, please let me know.
    I can take you to Alex CC and put you behind two AR platforms with them and Surefire Socoms on the front.
    Are you going to the next Tipton show? I think its this coming weekend.
    I can bring one and you can take a lookie through it in the parking lot.
    I appreciate the offer, thank you. When my gunfund gets replenished enough for one I will definitely take you up on that.

Last edited:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    And the ACOGs are just built like tanks, both of my sons issued ACOGs in the MC had maybe 10-20% percent of the finish left on them and those scopes were still fully functioning and in the game.
    The only thing we changed was the mount, we went with LaRue lever mounts.
    If I found I needed another, I wouldn't think twice with buying another one.
    I'm a customer for life with ACOGs.
    Had to chuckle as I’ve been contemplating putting ACOG’s on two of my rifles…. Although the VCOG’s have had me reading up as well. Trijicon makes a fine optic!!!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Had to chuckle as I’ve been contemplating putting ACOG’s on two of my rifles…. Although the VCOG’s have had me reading up as well. Trijicon makes a fine optic!!!
    I haven't had one of them yet in my hands yet. My son talks about the VCOGs and I went Jesus it's 13 more Oz and a grand more son.
    I would like to shoot with one for sure.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeblackwell
    Top Bottom