THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    OK. I'm up. Prepping gear and the pickup to go back to work on Thursday. :runaway::(
    Got a used dishwasher to get rid of. Still work that needs done so my bow hunting is probably over. I claim to like it but can't seem to drag my lazy ass out of bed to go do it very often. Finding lots of scrapes so activity is picking up. Gun season will be here before we know it.
    That's me. I enjoy bow hunting but so many chores to be done before gun season that I haven't been out. I was bush hogging Saturday and noticed several scrapes as well.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If something got behind the release lever or it's spring got damaged, it might be the problem. Looks like several companies make extended release levers.

This video gives you a good look at how it works.

Zackcz got the 512 taken apart (different arrangement than the 455, though).
    Nothing broken, just gummed up! :ugh:
    Cleaned everything.
    It doesn't fall out now, but releases just fine. :thumbsup:

He mentioned that the company selling the metal longer mag release no longer had them. :scratch:
    I'll use spray cleaner where Zackcz says to & compressed air to keep it cleaned out & on the 455 I bought from Rala nearly 3 yrs ago.
    It has taken 3 full yrs for the 512 to get gummed up.
    I really haven't shot it much with all the other .22 rifles I tried out & b/c of construction the last 2 summers.
    I did take it apart to clean once & never even knew to look at the magazine release area.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Zackcz got the 512 taken apart (different arrangement than the 455, though).
    Nothing broken, just gummed up! :ugh:
    Cleaned everything.
    It doesn't fall out now, but releases just fine. :thumbsup:

He mentioned that the company selling the metal longer mag release no longer had them. :scratch:
    I'll use spray cleaner where Zackcz says to & compressed air to keep it cleaned out & on the 455 I bought from Rala nearly 3 yrs ago.
    It has taken 3 full yrs for the 512 to get gummed up.
    I really haven't shot it much with all the other .22 rifles I tried out & b/c of construction the last 2 summers.
    I did take it apart to clean once & never even knew to look at the magazine release area.
    Shoot 'em till they don't - a common maintenance routine. :cool: :stickpoke:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Morning
    Shoot 'em till they don't - a common maintenance routine. :cool: :stickpoke:I
    I thought they only applied to ruger mk iiis

I’m more of a clean every range trip just bc it’s give me a couple hours or so of time at my bench to tinker instead of real life problems or chores around the house

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning

I thought they only applied to ruger mk iiis

I’m more of a clean every range trip just bc it’s give me a couple hours or so of time at my bench to tinker instead of real life problems or chores around the house
    Depends on the gun for me. If its a safe queen, it will get a cleaning asap. If it's a "regular" gun, clean it when it needs it.

Precision rifles might get a patch and a bolt inspection each trip but not a deep cleaning until the target says so.

but that is just me.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Depends on the gun for me. If its a safe queen, it will get a cleaning asap. If it's a "regular" gun, clean it when it needs it.

Precision rifles might get a patch and a bolt inspection each trip but not a deep cleaning until the target says so.

but that is just me.
    Seems to be the norm. I don’t do any rifle shooting at all so I’ve never had to deal with any of that lol

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I clean them until you can eat your breakfast from the innards !
    There's something about "inspect, test, maintain, modify" nuclear weapons (truly, the only thing I was allowed to say) that carries over. Nukes are clean inside.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville

but that is just me.
    Well I guess I did pick up a 10/22 I’m going to tinker with to try to get some better groups than doddg does just to pester him lol. Not sure I will ever put it in the precision category abd 50 yds is as far as im gonna take it

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Very common problem, Very common repair.

The truck, or the teeth, Chris ? ;)
    Honestly, I've always avoided anything to do with automobile repair. I used to work on my motorcycles a bit, but cars/trucks never held my attention from a repair perspective.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

I need one of these.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Firewood day….

Very common problem, Very common repair.
    On my Honda S2000, you must turn the cap "3 clicks" (I do 5ish) or a light will come on.
    Drove my son nuts when he bought his b/c you have to go to the dealership to get light to turn off since they don't tell you how to clear the light.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom