THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My dentist uses the CEREC ceramic crown system. He is able to design, mill and heat treat
    a crown in under an hour so it is a one visit deal.
    That's cool. I imagine they have a good amount of business to cover that overhead, but that would definitely be great. My appt for the permanent placement is like 2 weeks out.

I also had to go to a different office/dr for the root canal, so all the back and forth is kind of a pain and takes more time than I'd like.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yea...well...t-dogg can do the same in 30 minutes with his mill, duracote and gorilla glue.
    Muddy Girl duracote grill? That would be fire

Just need a combo of all these things:

a30fb3164945451f70d8172daf307820.jpg

smiling-girl-face-covered-in-mud-missing-teeth-picture-id93205547
    752334010018__24684.1575663078.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm a bit unhappy with TargetSportsUSA right now. Today is Prime day and I've been pumped because they've been emailing for the last couple of weeks saying that they were offering double the Prime discount (16% instead of 8%) today. I log in this morning and no change. Then an email comes out that says 10am, still no change. I login a bit ago because they sent an email saying the sale was live and still no change. I've gone all the way to checkout, thinking the discount would be reflected when I got there, but nothing. When I look, I'm now seeing what looks like prices jacked up to make it seem like the prices are discounted, when they're the same as they were yesterday and back in June when I last ordered a case. When I click on the email link, it now shows only certain items are discounted. What a crock.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’ve noticed that Target Sports plays a few games once in a while. If I order online it’s usually from SGAmmo.

Usually they're great. I've not found any cheaper prices anywhere, at least not consistently. Maybe I misread the emails, but it sounded like the discount would be site wide, but now it looks like there are only certain products that are discounted. Good thing I'm pretty flush on ammo.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Usually they're great. I've not found any cheaper prices anywhere, at least not consistently. Maybe I misread the emails, but it sounded like the discount would be site wide, but now it looks like there are only certain products that are discounted. Good thing I'm pretty flush on ammo.
    Saw the same email but from a "RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR ELSE YOU"LL MISS THE GREATEST DEAL OF THE CENTURY" approach. Sounds like a bit of bait and switch or raise then discount...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Back with a good score, an 1858 Remington New Army from 1863 and a Colt 1849 Pocket from 1853. The Remington looks like it will just need a deep clean and off to the range. The Colt has some internal issues, but nothing that can't be done. At some point in time the trigger/grip frame was nickel plated which was common and is often an ID for London made guns although this one is US made. All matching numbers is a big plus, and the cylinder scene is still very visible. Both guns have good bores and cylinders.

goodvale.jpg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Back with a good score, an 1858 Remington New Army from 1863 and a Colt 1849 Pocket from 1853. The Remington looks like it will just need a deep clean and off to the range. The Colt has some internal issues, but nothing that can't be done. At some point in time the trigger/grip frame was nickel plated which was common and is often an ID for London made guns although this one is US made. All matching numbers is a big plus, and the cylinder scene is still very visible. Both guns have good bores and cylinders.

View attachment 300372
    They had big pockets back then!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    They had big pockets back then!

The 1849 was a big seller with it's small size. Unlike the Patterson, Walker, and Dragoon that came before, this gun is aimed squarely at the civilian market. Here it is with a competitive Manhattan pepperbox of the same era and a more modern Colt Detective Special from 1930.

compared.jpg

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Is that a hole in the slide in the rear sight mount area? Just curious.
    Sure is, nice little peep hole that they give you to the firing pin safety plunger hole. The rear sight originally covers it. Don't worry, I'll be fabricating a filler piece for that area, because it looks horrible to me.

Here's another angle.

20230919_114332.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom