THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I'll have to check that out. If that's the case, I might have something in my spares box that could work.
    I’m almost positive it fits. I can recall pics of them. Just a small flat grey colored cutout where the new sight doesn’t feel. Totally cosmetic only if memory serves

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Like Patience said, we are just really caretakers for a period of time. My sons will likely take a few home with them and I'll dispose of most of the stuff in an auction. There will be some sold ahead of that so I'll post in here if anybody's interested.

It's going to tough giving things up, but I don't think you can have them or old cars at assisted living.;)
    I've heard that the guy with an MG42 mounted on his walker gets to go to the head of the line for dinner at the retirement home.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m almost positive it fits. I can recall pics of them. Just a small flat grey colored cutout where the new sight doesn’t feel. Totally cosmetic only if memory serves
    My question is: Why didn't they just use standard P01 slides for the commercial PCRs? That would have cut production costs down and made the gun more desirable to the public. I held off buying a PCR for several years due to the sight and LCI. Neither were a bonus to me.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    My question is: Why didn't they just use standard P01 slides for the commercial PCRs? That would have cut production costs down and made the gun more desirable to the public. I held off buying a PCR for several years due to the sight and LCI. Neither were a bonus to me.
    That’s a good question. Im
    Assuming it was to the police specs so tooling was already there and running. As much as they are known for frankenstein-ing guns together the totally different rear sight is beyond me

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I'm with the Bandit on this. Seems wrong to treat is as just a thing. That's the last CM sourced gun entering the group AFAIK.

Dude…. That rubs me the wrong way. We had that raffle to help out one of our own and to keep a momento of our friend in the group- not for us to profit from.

If you don’t want the gun, that’s quite all right, let me give you your ticket cost back and I’ll draw another name.
    Anyone else in this special group would just give it back and let the raffle be redrawn. This is not a gun just to sell. CM would be very Pi**ed off.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sorry you feel that way

I bought Raffle Tickets to "Help one of our Own"

I did not know until I actually shot it that the Trigger was so sensitive ( multiple double taps ) ...

I looked at several Stock Shadow pics which all had a single Picatinny rail slot at the front of the Frame to mount a laser/light - which this one does not have ( early model ? ) and the trigger guard profile does not fit any of the adapters I have tried

I have seen multiple WTS ads starting with "Won this in a Raffle" ... so I see nothing wrong with Trading for something I do want ...

I am giving this group First Dibs - as they would be the most interested and most likely have something I would like better ( I know some have multiple CZ 457/452 )
    If you think that gun and what it meant to CM and this group is equivalent to just another "won this in a raffle" gun, you really do not have a comprehension of what this group is about. Churchmouse was a founding member and we've been doing this for over 8 years. We are like family. We have helped each other through some rough times and we have lost people.

You have not been in here for very long and contribute the weather forecast, yet were lucky enough to be invited to a special event with the widow of Churchmouse in attendance, still grieving from her loss and doing what she can to stay afloat. You were lucky enough to win the raffle for a very special gun and this is how you say thanks? True colors.

Do whatever you wish, but don't expect an invite to the next event, or the warm and fuzzy feeling from anyone from here on out. Thanks for reminding me that my faith in humanity remains at a low point for a reason.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Would those be for the odd PCR rear sight? It's unique to the CZ lineup. It is the only real downside to the PCR IMHO. As far as I know, there's only one option for a night sight set and it runs about $170.
    Darn! I have the Dawson tritium set on my PCR purchased from CGW less than 2 years ago for $120! Thats a heck of a price jump!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ok guys. I have to speak up. I understand the feelings raised about CKW's pistol. But I don't think giving radar a hard time about it is appropriate. He bought a raffle ticket. He won the raffle. If you don't think he appreciates what the gun signifies to most here, pay the man or trade him what he wants for it. Caretakers folks. We are caretakers. Of each other, as well as the things that represent others dreams and wishes. Not the tone I would expect us to adopt so far. I think we ought to raffle the pistol every year and just have a caretaker until CKW joins the Mouse. She may not need the funds every time but we can, perhaps donate to colon cancer research.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Early warning...Time to cool it down in here CZicko's. Let's avoid personal attacks. Don't make CM bring down the ban hammer on us.

I know I've been fortunate enough to get the slap on the back of the head, as opposed to the hammer on the top of it.

To completely derail the topic, I couldn't help but laugh and smile at the thought of his response(s) to this. I typed in my head a few sentences I'm sure would come out. I'm sure we all have a few in our pocket.

That being said, I'd like to say I chose to remember not the pain of loss, but the happiness in memory. A moment reminiscing and a feeling of love and friendship.

To this, I say "Thank you." To one, to all. You are appreciated and remembered.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Ok guys. I have to speak up. I understand the feelings raised about CKW's pistol. But I don't think giving radar a hard time about it is appropriate. He bought a raffle ticket. He won the raffle. If you don't think he appreciates what the gun signifies to most here, pay the man or trade him what he wants for it. Caretakers folks. We are caretakers. Of each other, as well as the things that represent others dreams and wishes. Not the tone I would expect us to adopt so far. I think we ought to raffle the pistol every year and just have a caretaker until CKW joins the Mouse. She may not need the funds every time but we can, perhaps donate to colon cancer research.
    I can't swing a new gun purchase at the moment, but I'm definitely in for a raffle ticket or 2. I 2nd the motion.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Rick, I totally respect you and your opinion but I guess that a few of us are looking at this a little differently. I look at what I would do and being in the position I am in, I look at it this way. I’m fortunate to own CM’s last 1911 project. It will never be for sale or trade and I have been offered over $4500 for it. Would most if not all in this group feel the same way? I would like to think so. Some things are worth more than money. If Radar doesn’t like the trigger I’m sure the Wizard could remedy that.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I think this illustrates an issue with this group getting too big and letting too many new people in without vetting them first. CM and BA were big on vetting people before letting them in and letting them attend events. I don't think either of them would be happy about this situation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom