THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Is anyone else having trouble with "Shooting Illustrated"? The lastest copy arrived in the mail today and none of the links worked when I tapped on them.
    Since I'm in InfoSec, I don't tap on the links, but I have struggled with the pinch to zoom function in magazines. I can understand it not working on the old magazines I got years ago, but it doesn't work on the new ones that come in the mail either. This is 2023 for crying out loud. Pinch to zoom works on my phone that's only about 4 years old. Magazines have been around for countless decades though, so plenty of time to get that working there.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    the carry gun trigger weight discussion is interesting. Lately if not a compact metal Cz, I’ve been carrying a p10m that has what feels like a 15 lb trigger dry firing, but when shooting it’s easy to shoot and has been accurate.

I definitely have things I don’t carry because of trigger and same for house guns I have in small safes for the wife. I don’t think it’s a weight thing just a feeling or opinion that this would lead to double taps when adrenaline is thrown into the equation, so they don’t make the carry or house gun cut

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Since I'm in InfoSec, I don't tap on the links, but I have struggled with the pinch to zoom function in magazines. I can understand it not working on the old magazines I got years ago, but it doesn't work on the new ones that come in the mail either. This is 2023 for crying out loud. Pinch to zoom works on my phone that's only about 4 years old. Magazines have been around for countless decades though, so plenty of time to get that working there.
    I have to tilt my head up and look down my glasses bi focal area to get the pinch to zoom to work. Pretty fancy, and no touch screen required. I figured I should thank Steven Hawking for that invention.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    the carry gun trigger weight discussion is interesting. Lately if not a compact metal Cz, I’ve been carrying a p10m that has what feels like a 15 lb trigger dry firing, but when shooting it’s easy to shoot and has been accurate.

I definitely have things I don’t carry because of trigger and same for house guns I have in small safes for the wife. I don’t think it’s a weight thing just a feeling or opinion that this would lead to double taps when adrenaline is thrown into the equation, so they don’t make the carry or house gun cut

I've always preferred a 4 - 6lb trigger for carry purposes. Anything much heavier and you could have accuracy issues and anything lighter could cause unintentional double taps. This is one of the reasons I prefer to carry a striker fired polymer gun. That and there's no safety to F with things if :poop: gets real.

Of course this is just my thoughts and what someone else likes or chooses is up to them. We all take responsibility for our own actions and decisions. I won't gainsay what someone else chooses to do as long as it's done with a reason in mind.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Right now, it's either my PCR or one of the P229s that I'm most comfortable with. The P229 seems like the best blend of everything right now. Decent SA trigger, smooth DA and it points well for me. My only real gripe about the PCR is the rear sight. I don't want to spend the money on the full set of sights just to get a night sight rear and don't want to give up my Night Fision front. Other than the rear site, the PCR is about as good as I could ask for in an EDC gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've always preferred a 4 - 6lb trigger for carry purposes. Anything much heavier and you could have accuracy issues and anything lighter could cause unintentional double taps. This is one of the reasons I prefer to carry a striker fired polymer gun. That and there's no safety to F with things if :poop: gets real.

Of course this is just my thoughts and what someone else likes or chooses is up to them. We all take responsibility for our own actions and decisions. I won't gainsay what someone else chooses to do as long as it's done with a reason in mind.
    You need a P229! :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Most of my handgun triggers are 3-4lbs. Carry guns are striker fired and in the 4-5lb range. Lightest pull on a handgun is my SW22 Victory with a Tandemkross trigger, it's 2lbs and it's lighter than what I like, but I've gotten use to it and being a 22 unintentional double taps isn't an issue.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Began working on machining a custom rear sight for the K12 from steel.

Still need to:
    - cut notch
    - cut rear serrations
    - mill off sides to get width correct
    - shape/contour sight for appearance
    - cold blue

After that I will begin making a custom optic cover plate from aluminum.

I hope whomever ends up buying this gun appreciates my efforts. :)

20231025_080600.jpg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Keep adding fufu to the coffee until it doesn't taste like coffee of maybe hit a coffee shop and get a 6.00 coffee. They line up to buy that stuff and that baffles me.
    If you know the recipes you don't need to go to Starbucks.
    I don't drink coffee, but do enjoy Chia Latte teas. I recently saw the recipe for Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Chia Latte. A few changes, and it sounded pretty good to me. Remove the Pumpkin Spice, and it sounded pretty good.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Right now, it's either my PCR or one of the P229s that I'm most comfortable with. The P229 seems like the best blend of everything right now. Decent SA trigger, smooth DA and it points well for me. My only real gripe about the PCR is the rear sight. I don't want to spend the money on the full set of sights just to get a night sight rear and don't want to give up my Night Fision front. Other than the rear site, the PCR is about as good as I could ask for in an EDC gun.
    I may have an extra set of tfx tfos laying around.I’ll look today. The pcr is my absolute favorite. I hate rails but somehow managed to pick up a p01 and not a pcr.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Good morning all! If your Cajunized CZ 75 carry gun trigger feels to light you can install the heavy firing pin block spring, heavier weight lifter arm spring and you could also put the stock trigger return spring back in. The three springs mentioned would not raise the DA break like changing to a heavier mainspring. If you decide to go above a 15 lbs. gold CGW mainspring you would need to go back to a stock firing pin return spring. Just play around with the springs to get the break weight in the ballpark that you would be comfortable with.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    After reading several discussions on Trigger Pull & Keep What You Like ---
    I will be adjusting my Gun Priorities

First up will be the CZ Shadow 2 that I won at the FGE ... offering it here first - Classifieds on Fri / Sat

Trade interest would be CZ457 or CZ452 to start shooting USBR

View attachment 307763

Dude…. That rubs me the wrong way. We had that raffle to help out one of our own and to keep a momento of our friend in the group- not for us to profit from.

If you don’t want the gun, that’s quite all right, let me give you your ticket cost back and I’ll draw another name.

…but the raffle came with no ownership stipulations or required length of ownership periods, and it’s a free country, so you do you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom