THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I keep thinking I need a rifle in .308. Don’t know why, I don’t hunt, all my rifle shooting is target and have an AR15 set up for CQ but with everything going n feel I need a battle rifle that could reach out if needed.

Saw this and was thinking something like this or maybe a SA M1A?

Gun fund is low and it would be a new caliber to stock. I go back and forth that if I need anything heavier than my AR I am truly F****d.

Pros and cons? What say ye hive mind?
    I found that my MK12 Mod 0 running 77gr. OTM rounds fits my longer range needs. I don’t need another caliber to stock or reload.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Up too late last night this morning, one too many sips of scotch and still took til early this am to get to sleep. :coffee:

I was thinking along the lines of long range centerfire, but also something thay could be a battle rifle in a SHTF scenario. Could probably save a bunch of $$ and just get something like a PSA AR10 or Ruger SFAR. The BAR of M1A just sounded cool to me but both are fairly heavy rifles and an AR platform would likely be more than adequate.

Now back to reality ;)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Up too late last night this morning, one too many sips of scotch and still took til early this am to get to sleep. :coffee:

I was thinking along the lines of long range centerfire, but also something thay could be a battle rifle in a SHTF scenario. Could probably save a bunch of $$ and just get something like a PSA AR10 or Ruger SFAR. The BAR of M1A just sounded cool to me but both are fairly heavy rifles and an AR platform would likely be more than adequate.

Now back to reality ;)
    That light weight Ruger intrigues me.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I have a Magpul Bipod with a M-LOC mount that I'm going to part with. If you guys have a interest let me know by PM.1697907527280.png

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    After some side by side shooting I think what I refer to as old ugly is going to be the odd man out of my compacts.

Probably has the best trigger but I hate rails so it’s not beating the compact and I like my p01 omega a little better to match my 75b omega

Has tru glo tfx sights. Will be hitting classifieds soon for sale or trade. 450

Attachments

• IMG_3627.jpeg
      IMG_3627.jpeg
      176.3 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I keep thinking I need a rifle in .308. Don’t know why, I don’t hunt, all my rifle shooting is target and have an AR15 set up for CQ but with everything going n feel I need a battle rifle that could reach out if needed.

Saw this and was thinking something like this or maybe a SA M1A?

Gun fund is low and it would be a new caliber to stock. I go back and forth that if I need anything heavier than my AR I am truly F****d.

Pros and cons? What say ye hive mind?
    I like .308. It let's me work at longer ranges where wind and other factors come into play, but keeps costs reasonable. Most range trips focusing on .308 are less than 20 rounds. There's a lot of satisfaction in getting cold bore hits at 400 yards. .308 can get you comfortably out to 800 yards with skill needed.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ugly first half for Bama, but still a win.
    I haven't been watching too many other teams this season, and I hate to say it, but I don't think this team can go the distance this year. First half of games looks bad/slow to start with not good protection for the QB and not enough taking what the defense will give them. That said, they seem to be able to make some serious adjustments at half time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'm tending a fading campfire. Still a bit windy, so I'm going to pour the water on it in a bit.
    Never had mashed potatoes at campfire before, but it doesn't need chewing, so it's on my menu !
    Everything tastes better in the woods.
    Or around a campfire.
    Mashed potatoes is a backpacking staple for me, but not for my main backpacking friend, he saw where the flakes came from and refuses to eat instant potatoes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom