The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    No gun stuff to report, but a 1st gen Canon F-1 showed up in the mail today. Along with 3 Canon A-1 parts cameras. Of the 3, I think that I can maybe make 1 or 2 that work but realistically, they are all for practice my camsmithing skills.

I also managed to dip a toe in BF deals today with a set of stainless brake hoses for the old silver car at 25% off.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Great family day today.

Oldest and I started out with browsing Bass and Bucks the LGS up here.

Boys and I had some fun nailing milk jugs with the BB gun in the back yard while the girls went shopping. :ar15:

Afternoon coffee date with the Misses.

I took the family to the YMCA and the oldest and I played several pick up basketball games.

MIL made us her famous home made manicotti for dinner :drool:

Rest of the time filled with general goofing off and dad jokes.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I am holding out for prices to come down on the Shadow 2 compact (maybe in a year or so).
    I feel the same way, I’d choose a Shadow 2 Compact over the DWX.

However, I was thinking today “Is the Shadow 2 Compact really worth $1,000 more than a P01? Especially with CGW upgrades and slide milled for a red dot?”

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I feel the same way, I’d choose a Shadow 2 Compact over the DWX.

However, I was thinking today “Is the Shadow 2 Compact really worth $1,000 more than a P01? Especially with CGW upgrades and slide milled for a red dot?”
    True, but by the time you mill a P01, give it a full cgw upgrade and polish internals they are not that different in price once we are able to get it at MSRP or less ($1299).

Have you seem this? HO seems to really like this pistol.

and here its his number 3 pick which he admits is partly due to price

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    True, but by the time you mill a P01, give it a full cgw upgrade and polish internals they are not that different in price once we are able to get it at MSRP or less ($1299).

Have you seem this? HO seems to really like this pistol.

and here its his number 3 pick which he admits is partly due to price

Oh yeah, I like to get up caught up on HO while loading at the loading bench. I watched the torture test a couple times, just to make sure I didn’t miss anything! The Shadow 2 Compact is probably the next CZ on my wish list. But the gun fund is negative right now and it’s hard to justify the money when I have a P01.

Edit: But the Shadow 2 Compact is such a sharp looking gun! And seems better than the P01 in just about every way! I need more overtime for the gun fund!

Edit 2: I see I successfully talked myself out of it and back into it in the same post! :facepalm:

I blame it on the CZickness!

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What's a holiday when you have people in the house without a leaky dishwasher...
    Back in December 2021 when my in-laws were in for Christmas... Leaky dishwasher. Had it repaired but after holiday delays, etc.

Thanksgiving 2023 when my son and his GF are in from ATL, as well as my daughter, for the holiday... Leaking dishwasher. I seem to have caught it this time before it got really bad.

Looks like the repair shop is open part day normally on Saturday. Not sure if they will be on the holiday weekend.

Ugh.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n fellas :bgoOJ:

New grips from Global Timber Network came in yesterday. Going to see how they fit/look today.
    It just tucks nice and tight up against my side and "you" barely feel it there.
    I appreciate the invite to feel your side but I'm just going to take your word for it..

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    What's a holiday when you have people in the house without a leaky dishwasher...
    Back in December 2021 when my in-laws were in for Christmas... Leaky dishwasher. Had it repaired but after holiday delays, etc.

Thanksgiving 2023 when my son and his GF are in from ATL, as well as my daughter, for the holiday... Leaking dishwasher. I seem to have caught it this time before it got really bad.

Looks like the repair shop is open part day normally on Saturday. Not sure if they will be on the holiday weekend.

Ugh.
    My dishwasher has a name(sometimes it is my own) and doesn't break down. . . Or leak. . . .yet.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Good morning fellow awesome persons!

Dropping in to say good day, and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I'm thankful for many things, this group included.

Not the most present entity lately, but I often think of you all. Take care of yourselves and each other. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Feels like a 1911 kinda day to me. The CCO will accompany me to breakfast today. I'm always amazed at how well this pistol carries. It just tucks nice and tight up against my side and you barely feel it there.
    A 1911 day is a good day. I sold my CCO. Just a little small for my hands.

The shadow 2 compact looks interesting. I’m still waiting for the phantom compact.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got up to house being cold, but wasn't sure what the deal was and was headed out to breakfast.
    Noticed we had been running the fireplace a bit more than normal last few days, but been busy, and temps had not been bad.

Came back, and the house was 60.

Went down and checked the furnace as the maintenance guy had just been here recently. Realized he turned off the gas valve on the furnace and didn't turn it back on...

Yep, HVAC place is going to get a call on Monday to let them know the guy had taped down the door safety switch and turned off the gas valve and left it that way... Not sure if he was fishing for a follow up trip or just got sidetracked but either way, not good.

Fixed up now and the house is heating up again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom