The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Pirelli brought the three softest tires and increased minimum pressures for the weekend.

They kicked the fans out for FP2.

...and the FIA is not (last I saw) granting Sainz an exception for his battery replacement from the water valve cover he hit. That will be a ten place grid penalty for an issue that was caused by the FIA! Not sure if Ocon is getting an exception for damage.

Great start....

So - when an F1 car hits a 12" metal plate, it doesn't go well.

Ouch!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Been about a 5 or 6 a$$ panda kinda day. Not sure how much more stupidity I can handle before I just say to hell with it and move on.
    Same for me last couple of days.

On top of that had to take our eldest (14.5 year old) cat and have him euthanized today. He was a good cat.

Still have our other cat, but my wife and that one don't get along. She loved the one we lost today.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Boys wanted to test fire their deer rifles today (Remy 742 in 30-06 and a Marlin 30-30). Spot on! If they miss, it ain't on the gun!

SIL brought an old Mossberg 42M-B that he found in his Uncle's garage. It spent days in a electrolysis tank but ran like a champ today.

Cool old gun....rescued from the grave.

1700257342281.jpeg
    Also got the Bul SAS ii Tac out for its first rounds. Tap-Rack-Bang. Second shoot. Gun started out a single shot but seems to be working itself through a very sluggish/tight slide. Ejection is super weak but only ran 108 rounds through it today and it was consistently improving.

Accuracy seems really solid (minus four flyers from me). This is a representative 20 yard group:

1700257594175.jpeg

Overall, I am impressed with the Bul. A solid option in the 2011 field. I sense a Prodigy-Bul-Staccato day coming up soon!

If you noticed those 22 holes on the above target - that was from a gentleman at the range shooting a very nice 7.5" High Standard Citation. Those shots were off-hand at 20 yards from an 82 year old and sights that were off a mile with ammo stored in a 35mm film canister from the 1970's - said he hadn't shot it in decades. He also had his father's 30-30 Winchester. We put up a 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper at 42 yards. He took three shoots standing - all well within the center 1/3 of the paper. He turned to me and "That'll kill".

I was impressed!

1700258320046.png

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

On top of that had to take our eldest (14.5 year old) cat and have him euthanized today. He was a good cat.

Still have our other cat, but my wife and that one don't get along. She loved the other one.
    Sorry to hear that - sounds like that ol' trooper was around for quite awhile.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Still have our other cat, but my wife and that one don't get along. She loved the other one.
    I feel for you.
    As you know my dog may have a cancer tumor growing on her muzzle. It's big, and still growing.
    Vet got several samples in biopsy she preformed on her Wednesday. Waiting for the results, and hoping it's a benign growth that can be cut out without risk.
    It's cost over $800 the last few months. All my gun hobby money is going into trying to save my ears, fire alarm, first defense if I'm asleep, and companion over the last 8 years.
    I've put a lot of time, and training into her. I'm Not ready to lose her.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    And also sad that my bud, Spicy, had another bad day.
    It's my own fault. I have never planned for the future and so here I am miserably stuck in a career I can't financially afford to get out of. I've looked into other avenues, but I'd be going back about 10 years in pay. I'm going to look again, but I'm not optimistic about it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Boys wanted to test fire their deer rifles today (Remy 742 in 30-06 and a Marlin 30-30). Spot on! If they miss, it ain't on the gun!

SIL brought an old Mossberg 42M-B that he found in his Uncle's garage. It spent days in a electrolysis tank but ran like a champ today.

Cool old gun....rescued from the grave.

View attachment 312675
    Also got the Bul SAS ii Tac out for its first rounds. Tap-Rack-Bang. Second shoot. Gun started out a single shot but seems to be working itself through a very sluggish/tight slide. Ejection is super weak but only ran 108 rounds through it today and it was consistently improving.

Accuracy seems really solid (minus four flyers from me). This is a representative 20 yard group:

View attachment 312676

Overall, I am impressed with the Bul. A solid option in the 2011 field. I sense a Prodigy-Bul-Staccato day coming up soon!

If you noticed those 22 holes on the above target - that was from a gentleman at the range shooting a very nice 7.5" High Standard Citation. Those shots were off-hand at 20 yards from an 82 year old and sights that were off a mile with ammo stored in a 35mm film canister from the 1970's - said he hadn't shot it in decades. He also had his father's 30-30 Winchester. We put up a 8 1/2x11 sheet of paper at 42 yards. He took three shoots standing - all well within the center 1/3 of the paper. He turned to me and "That'll kill".

I was impressed!

View attachment 312680
    I still have a 35mm film cannister full of 22lr from the 70s too

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It's my own fault. I have never planned for the future and so here I am miserably stuck in a career I can't financially afford to get out of. I've looked into other avenues, but I'd be going back about 10 years in pay. I'm going to look again, but I'm not optimistic about it.

I think that all of us get "stuck" as we travel through life (sometimes multiple times).
    You're currentlly in a good financial situation because you've excelled at your current job ..... and that's not something to be ashamed of !
    As long as you're looking for other opportunities, you're already on the road to contentment.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, that's exactly where I am right now, too. I'd love to walk away and retire, but I'd like another 5 years to retire debt free.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As a cat lover/owner, I'm sad for WS and his wife.
    Sorry to hear that - sounds like that ol' trooper was around for quite awhile.
    Condolences. Losing a pet always sucks.
    Thanks. He was a good one. A little aloof, meaning he was pretty normal for a cat, but up until recently a very healthy, sleek and low maintenance part of the family. He bonded more to our son than anyone else. Always got along well with our other pets including dogs, etc. The cat actually learned right along side the dog to ring the little bell we have on the back door when he wanted to go outside for a bit.

The remaining cat we have picked me as his person from the start when he was a kitten, and follows me around, is usually right next to me. He will however just slap the dog for no reason, and is more vocal. My wife doesn't get along with him.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I feel for you.
    As you know my dog may have a cancer tumor growing on her muzzle. It's big, and still growing.
    Vet got several samples in biopsy she preformed on her Wednesday. Waiting for the results, and hoping it's a benign growth that can be cut out without risk.
    It's cost over $800 the last few months. All my gun hobby money is going into trying to save my ears, fire alarm, first defense if I'm asleep, and companion over the last 8 years.
    I've put a lot of time, and training into her. I'm Not ready to lose her.
    I remember you posting about her. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it won't be cancer. We had a border collie that got cancer and we had to put her down in 2015. Until today that was the last time I had cried about an animal.

They become a big part of our lives.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks. He was a good one. A little aloof, meaning he was pretty normal for a cat, but up until recently a very healthy, sleek and low maintenance part of the family. Always got along well with our other pets including dogs, etc. The cat actually learned right along side the dog to ring the little bell we have on the back door when he wanted to go outside for a bit.

The remaining cat we have picked me as his person from the start when he was a kitten, and follows me around, is usually right next to me. He will however just slap the dog for no reason, and is more vocal.

Yup, just like people, cats are all very much individuals.
    Our cat just turned 14 about 2 months ago. I'm not looking forward to my eventual trek to the vet.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Wow, that's exactly where I am right now, too. I'd love to walk away and retire, but I'd like another 5 years to retire debt free.
    Every person has their own limits. I've just about reached mine. The culture in the company and industry has become too toxic for me to even accept things on a level where I can get through the day without thinking about quitting. Lack of leadership is the real issue. It literally feels like I'm working for our federal government. Everyone for themselves and money trumps all things.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Even with planning one can get stuck with the golden handcuffs a bit.

I know people say do what you love for a job and that's great if you can, but like the Mike Rowe video says, most of us do what pays the bills, so we can do what we love while not at work.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Every person has their own limits. I've just about reached mine. The culture in the company and industry has become too toxic for me to even accept things on a level where I can get through the day without thinking about quitting. Lack of leadership is the real issue. It literally feels like I'm working for our federal government. Everyone for themselves and money trumps all things.
    Wow, I didn't realize we worked at the same place...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom