The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    What a :poop:show in LV for FP1......FP2 went a little smoother.

The schedule for the weekend is absolutely incomprehensible. Qs at midnight (3 am est)?
    I agree. Stayed awake for FP1 only to be disappointed. I would've thought LV or F1 track/street engineers would've had any issues covered having been working on that track since May. Watching FP2 now and looks like they have everything taken care of, trackwise anyway.

I agree on the timing. Whoever decided that must've been under the influence of something. 3am est qualifications and 1am est race start... wtaf?? Stupid decision imo.

Crazy its 9°c out there. Surprised there hasn't been crashes yet.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I agree. Stayed awake for FP1 only to be disappointed. I would've thought LV or F1 track/street engineers would've had any issues covered having been working on that track since May. Watching FP2 now and looks like they have everything taken care of, trackwise anyway.

I agree on the timing. Whoever decided that must've been under the influence of something. 3am est qualifications and 1am est race start... wtaf?? Stupid decision imo.

Crazy its 9°c out there. Surprised there hasn't been crashes yet.
    Pirelli brought the three softest tires and increased minimum pressures for the weekend.

They kicked the fans out for FP2.

...and the FIA is not (last I saw) granting Sainz an exception for his battery replacement from the water valve cover he hit. That will be a ten place grid penalty for an issue that was caused by the FIA! Not sure if Ocon is getting an exception for damage.

Great start....

So - when an F1 car hits a 12" metal plate, it doesn't go well.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Pirelli brought the three softest tires and increased minimum pressures for the weekend.

They kicked the fans out for FP2.

...and the FIA is not (last I saw) granting Sainz an exception for his battery replacement from the water valve cover he hit. That will be a ten place grid penalty for an issue that was caused by the FIA! Not sure if Ocon is getting an exception for damage.

Great start....

So - when an F1 car hits a 12" metal plate, it doesn't go well.

Yea, I seen Sainz hit that lastnight and thought he had a battery explosion at first. If the FIA doesn't give him an exception for that, I call bullsh!t! Maybe Ferrari can sue LV for the issue.. I would try if it was my team.

I could care less about Ocon. Not even his slightest fan.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    How much do you wanna pay? $5/mi?
    I might be guessing low.

Driving it back makes the most sense. Even with a $500 plane ticket, I'm guessing. Probably 8 mpg bobtailing back. Maybe a smidge better if you take it real easy and have a tail wind.

Is $5 per mile the tow rate for something like that? Asking because I have a school bus on the ground I bought this year I need to move to the junk yard.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Is $5 per mile the tow rate for something like that? Asking because I have a school bus on the ground I bought this year I need to move to the junk yard.
    $5 a loaded mile should cover hauling something down the highway on a lowboy, I would think.
    I am asking for a shipping quote and can share that when I get it.

I used this to get a Ram2500 long bed from Kansas to here a month ago, they charged $1.45 a loaded mile and came on a small car hauler.

For a bus I’d check with a local towing company, and let them know they could move it when they’re slow.
    You might sell (give) it on FB marketplace, there’s always a sucker if you want to deal with them.

Shiply is a bid kind of thing, you enter your email and your inbox will fill with progressively lower bids for a day or so.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Tow for something that size usually starts around $500 but someone that does salvage metal may actually pay you something for it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom